1753 Pillar 1R, 1845 Seated HD, Hibernia, Britannia..etc, VIDEO ADDED

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UMRGolf2000 and I have been on a down streak the past couple of weeks and went out of the field yesterday

dejected and with our heads down......NO COINS >:( >:( >:( in almost a month HOWEVER,,,,,WE RESOLVED, that

we WERE going to find a hot spot today and decided to hit a field that we had never hit before but have perm-

ission. We had some inside knowledge that there might have been a colonial housesite on it. ;D Well....our

source came through in a BIG WAY!!

First TWO holes dug by Jeff and I and we BOTH got a copper coin:

You can see my hole in the foreground and Jeff next to his holding his large cent in back.
Mar25,10Finds.jpg

Over the next hour and a half we pulled up a few more coins and buttons all over.

I dug this nice:

1753 Pillar 1Reale
1753 Reale.jpg

Than I pulled this:

King George II Hibernia
P1010931.jpg

By the end of the day we had dug multiple coppers and I had dug a Reale and Jeff was scanning like a maniac

trying to find that last minute silver coin that had alluded him all day and DANG if he didn't find it. IT was dark,

when he pulled out a 1845 Seated Half Dime :headbang: :headbang:

Here's a pic of both of our Silvers BEFORE cleaning:
Mar25,10Finds.jpg

And the rest of the finds BEFORE cleaning.....Fresh from the field ;D :icon_thumleft:
1753 Reale.jpg

And the final product.....Everything after cleaning:
MY Finds--
-KGII Hibernia
-KGII Britannia
-KGII Britannia
-1827 Large Cent
-1753 Pillar One Reale
MD Pics 151.jpg

Jeffs Buttons
P1010931.jpg

Jeffs coins and odd stamped coin?
P1010926.jpg

One of each of our coins and buttons
P1010937.jpg

P1010940.jpg
P1010942.jpg

VIDEO TO COME TOMORROW!!! UPDATED: VIDEO ADDED

NOTE: I'm note pulling a fast one in this video, I've already pulled the Reale out of the hole to show Jeff and it
is still in my hand when I start to film the hole that I dug it out of and I place it on a clump of dirt next to the hole
so that I can show it to y'all. :wink:
P.S.--KKC, Jeff gives you guys a little Nod :wink: ;D :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• P1010933.jpg
    P1010933.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,010
  • P1010935.jpg
    P1010935.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,009
  • P1010948.jpg
    P1010948.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 980
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1753 Pillar 1R, 1845 Seated HD, Hibernia, Britannia..etc, etc..Cold Streak OVER!

them are some great finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

U

umrgolf

Re: 1753 Pillar 1R, 1845 Seated HD, Hibernia, Britannia..etc, etc..Cold Streak OVER!

Man, we killed it today :headbang: :headbang: To clear up...

the coins were as follows..

Jeff- 1959 dime, 1845 halfdime, unknown large copper, large cent

Josh- Hibernia, 2 KG Britannia's, large cent, 1753 pillar one reale

Congrats Josh.. :occasion14:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o :o :o I just knew it ..you guys were 2 quiet around here, great looking KG's and silver ;D.. were there any other telltale signs of homestead where you are standing ??? any bricks 59 dime :icon_scratch:: still silver :headbang: :headbang:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1753 Pillar 1R, 1845 Seated HD, Hibernia, Britannia..etc, etc..Cold Streak O

Excellent day!!!! Posts like that will put a little extra spring in my Spring digs! :thumbsup:

I've wanted a real like that for a long time, and that clipped-stamped silver is great! I suppose the Hibernia is too toast for a close up? Always interested in those.

U

umrgolf

Re: 1753 Pillar 1R, 1845 Seated HD, Hibernia, Britannia..etc, etc..Cold Streak O

Hey IP, all the older coppers are pretty toast but u can make out the harp and Britannia on the older ones.. Josh said he'll get some close-ups today and we got a video.. It was unbelievable man.. 3 1/2 hours.. On the way I was telling him I would give anything for us to both get just ONE coin :icon_thumleft:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2000 said:
Hey IP, all the older coppers are pretty toast but u can make out the harp and Britannia on the older ones.. Josh said he'll get some close-ups today and we got a video.. It was unbelievable man.. 3 1/2 hours.. On the way I was telling him I would give anything for us to both get just ONE coin :icon_thumleft:

Yeah I know how it is on a bad streak and wanting a good site. I'm starting to map out fields and I have a ton that look like they have some good potential.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:

Yeah I know how it is on a bad streak and wanting a good site. I'm starting to map out fields and I have a ton that look like they have some good potential.

Hey IronPatch, look in the last picture and look at the dark copper with oil on it to the right and you can just make

out the outline of the harp in black. I'll be posting 3 videos of us digging some of the coins before the batteries died

and will try to get some closeups once I clean them up alittle :wink: Sentinel

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It looks like you hit the jackpot in that field great finds there's properly a lot more Good hunt :icon_thumleft: Dd60

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Wow! That looks like a great site. Congrats on all the nice relics and coins. Love that silver.
Dman

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HCF/E? countermarked silver blank coin, just need to work out what it was :icon_thumright:

I'm itching for my cold streak to be over as well, but have a few months yet :(

The spanish silver is excellent find :icon_thumright:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You broke the streak in a big way! Congrats that reale is sweet! :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PS. looks easy to grid with the nice tram lines

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is an awesome day! You guys really cleaned up! :headbang:

U

umrgolf

CRUSADER said:
HCF/E? countermarked silver blank coin, just need to work out what it was :icon_thumright:

HCE :thumbsup: and maybe a half reale?? just doesn't look as high grade of silver as most coins ??? ::)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2000 said:
CRUSADER said:

HCE :thumbsup: and maybe a half reale?? just doesn't look as high grade of silver as most coins ??? ::)

Think you will find it is, the counterstamp is a kinda justification that its solid silver.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

Wow You guys had a good day. WTG :thumbsup:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

I'd have to say you 2 were correct in your assumption of colonial homestead. Spanish silver is always a welcome addition to anyones collection. I especially like the Milled Pillar variety. :thumbsup:
Chris

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...

Great hunt, you guys both killed it :notworthy:

HH,
Brian

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Incredible day! Congrats............Hogge :headbang: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread