Very first coin

diggingduo

Greenie
Jan 31, 2006
Hey there folks,
While going through my collection of the things I have dug up in the 20+ years I found the very first
coin I found with my new detector, I had bought a white's 5900, and walked out in the yard (at the
time I had rented a small house on a farm dated 1772), There had been few other guys in my town that
metal detected and everywhere I went and asked they would allways say Freds been here allready but go ahead
and help yourself, So I started to look in my yard and by a huge old tree I heard a beep, I dug down a few inches
and here was this weird coin that to me seemed to be the oldest thing I'd ever seen, 1862 English half penny!!
the condition is wonderful, Finding it in my collection brought back the joy and the mystery of metal detecting,
I think everybody should at some time sit and look and all those weird pieces of metal that were lost many years ago
and I'm sure memory's will flood back!! HH.

Attachments

• english coin 002.jpg
    english coin 002.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 375
  • english coin 005.jpg
    english coin 005.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great coin...and it's in really good condition (to my untrained eyes)! "Thanks for the memories..."

HH!
TBGO

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Yes she is in nice condition. I dug one of those about a year ago. Nice to find those different coins. I think they were legal tender in the u.s up until the 1850's.

HH Jer

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a great find. Thanks, DD, for showing it to us. I bet you can still remember how you felt when you dug it up 20 years ago.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o

Awesome find dd!

:o

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That thing's in excellent shape DD..Congrat's and HH!!

S

southbound

I know just how you feel. I still have my first wheaties i found in my front yard over 25 years agoe! Keep em comin! Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread