First finds with new whites XLT

bryan

Feb 7, 2006
Southern Illinois
cant figure out how to post pic but i went out today for the first time with my new xlt. I was out in 30 degree weather for like 2 hours so i didnt do alot but i did find.
10 clad pennies
3 clad quarters
1 clad dime
and a ring, the ring is silver, i guess, it says sterling. it is bent but still my first ring. It has a huge amethyst (sp?) purple square stone.
I have no idea if the stone is real or not but from the looks of the setting im sure that its not.
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO
I cant wait till summer so i can find more!!!

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out,nice find's,especially the ring...Look into the stone and see if it's genuine..who know's,could be worth something..Congrat's and HH!!

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Very nice work a ring your first time out way to go. I have had two XLT's they are great detectors for coin and relic hunting you will like it.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ya just love the excitement of the hunt!

And the double excitement of the finds!

And the triple excitement to have someone to share your finds with!

Congrats on your finds! Keep 'em coming!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;)

OP
OP
bryan

bryan

Feb 7, 2006
Southern Illinois
thanks guys i just looked out side to see if it was dark yet. i was going to brave the cold to search my yard.... im ready to go to the beaches and find some stuff, cant wait till warmer weather...

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new machine and welcome to this great Hobby....The white XLT is a great machine I learned on the whites5900 , then the XLT and found a number of deep and nice finds over the years...Then went to the Minelab explorer2 and have had success with that also.... Just learn the machine and dig tose deep faint signals.... Keep posting and nice going............Seeker :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the finds. Keep up the good work. You have a great machine and be patient. Burdie

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! That's an awesome first day, especially the ring. Congratulations Bryan!

HH!
TBGO

S

southbound

Great start for a new machine. I started out with a Whites 2D back in the 70s. The finds were much better back then.Keep up the good work. Vern :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on your first finds, WTG!!!
Many more to come... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
bryan said:
cant figure out how to post pic but i went out today for the first time with my new xlt. I was out in 30 degree weather for like 2 hours so i didnt do alot but i did find.
10 clad pennies
3 clad quarters
1 clad dime
and a ring, the ring is silver, i guess, it says sterling. it is bent but still my first ring. It has a huge amethyst (sp?) purple square stone.
I have no idea if the stone is real or not but from the looks of the setting im sure that its not.
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO
I cant wait till summer so i can find more!!!
the xlt is a good md, i have had one about seven years and have found lots of silver and other stuff. i bought a dfx and have been tracking it through ups. i feel like a kid at x-mass. i will prob use the xlt as a back up. the dfx is going to be here today , the bad news is a snow storm tonight and 4 in of snow. you will like the xlt and when you pull that frist old coin out of the ground you prop will let out a big woop like i did. good luck to you and happy hunting

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I also use an XLT, a Fisher CZ7A and an old Garrett MH5. Welcome to a great forum! HH, Mike

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you figured out how to post the picture, operate the XLT, and make the "wooo hooo" move across the screen. ;D ;D I like the ring. Get it checked out and see if it's real. :o

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
Bryan nice finds... you are clearly on your way to paying off your machine...keep at it and keep posting your pics....aloha johny mc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions