Sabre Pocket Knife, in our own back yard

tod1d

Greenie
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Detector(s) used
Silver uMax
My 10-year old son and I just recently purchased our first metal detector (Tesoro Silver uMax) and this is our first post to these great forums.

We have been out hunting 2 or 3 times at tot lots, but have not had much luck. My son decided to try our back yard on his own (I was at work) and he came up with a Sabre pocket knife in great condition. Our house is about 18 years old and we have only lived in it for 4 years. He said it was only about 3 inches deep. After we took these pictures, he used some steel wool to take off more of the rust. Does anyone have suggestions on how to clean it further? :help:

Attachments

• knife.JPG
    knife.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,541
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks great to me!! Tell your son to Keep it Up!! and Happy hunting!! Chug

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy that time with your son,my 2 kids are both fixing to go off to collage this fall,I wonder where those 18 years went ? :icon_scratch:

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!
Nice find, I would not get discouraged, there are places with good stuff, and some places with a lot.
Push that sensitivity in areas that are not trashy, it should give you some more depth, keep digging, you never know what your going to find.

OP
OP
T

tod1d

Greenie
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Detector(s) used
Silver uMax
Rickiowa2009 said:
Nice find, I would not get discouraged, there are places with good stuff, and some places with a lot.
Push that sensitivity in areas that are not trashy, it should give you some more depth, keep digging, you never know what your going to find.

Thanks for the encouragement. We are having a lot of fun. My son is a natural-born scavenger and really seems to enjoy it. We will be heading to Virginia, for vacation, soon. We plan on doing some hunting along the way.

OP
OP
T

tod1d

Greenie
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Detector(s) used
Silver uMax
Jeep said:
Nice find :icon_thumright:

Throw it in some CLR for a couple of minutes, wipe it down and rinse it good.

Thanks for the advice. I might try that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread