Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose...."Marie don't bug me! I want to sleep in til 6." Not a chance as she was over me like a split cod drying in the sun outside a fish plant.....................what's a man to do save for turn out the lights.............................then Navy Davy honks the horn on Mrs Navy Davy's "Parlor on patrol" Ve''ick...el. Was so clean a machine that I didn't want to put my feet down on the floor mat (but wait til later me son).

We chatted at 100 clicks per hour and were only a tad over the alloted time to pick up Slickpick who was in "Whoville with Bruce and and other 4 legged manure maker" when we arrived...............late by 15!

Hit a sports area that I had pitched senior "EH" fastball as a very young man when the arm was as strong as.........the rest of the joints in a time long ago!
P8210001.jpg

We dug. Then dug some more. And after that dug a tad more. I was waylaid by a man and his daughter who was amazed that one could find coins under the ground....and I gave her a few. Then a retired teacher from across the field was amazed that we could find coins in the field....told him I was practicing for finding IED's in Afghanistan(improved explosive devices...with out my evd 3500 ...exsplosive vapor detector). Um noticed that Slickpick and Navy Davy had given this bouy a wide birth!

So after near a century I called a "Tim's time out " which met with little resistance. Was good to get the gogo juice in our cold bodies before we headed out to continue or debauchery digfest 2010. Don't ask. None of use rolled up the win to win but rather like donated to Joyce's next 30 million yacht!

Time was up, knees and back sore so that was that.
P8210005.jpg

Back at Slickpick's he dumped his lode as did Navy Davy as I rubbed butt on one wiry 4 legger whose tail seemed stuck to me face.....was it a sign?
Slickpick Rick's 138, two silver dimes, key century.
P8210006.jpg

Navy Davy's century, silver dime and "Sucking up to the Big Guy's cross and chain" with 130 coins.
P8210003.jpg

P8210002.jpg

Bluenoser's 925 "O", key ,Danish 25 ore and 175 coins @$9.93
P8210009.jpg

Of course Slickpick and I were depleted and stopped at the smart shop for a visit with the Captain!

Upvote 0

Swingit

Apr 29, 2007
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
Read 98 times with no replys :dontknow:
Nice Finds Leslie :icon_thumright:
Love That Cross!
HH!!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a fun day of hunting!!!! good finds!! MR TUFF

P

Pentico

Now that is a lot of digging!
It looked to be a great day.
Congrats....

ChrisP

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt, in a very cold place......and you brought up a respectable amount of buried treasure.
How goes it for snow in the land up north? Still coming down and piling up? Or just remembrances? I think
that we here in S. Korea are through winter. But today was cool....not cold.....where the wind was blowing. Winter
lasting about 2 weeks longer than normal, and a whole bunch of more snow. :thumbsup:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a pile of loot :icon_thumleft: nice ring to .Good Hunt Dd60

OldNorthwest

Sep 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Minelab Exporer SE
Great post, as always! I have a question for you. How do you deal with all of the American change you find? I was in Canada a few years ago and wherever I went US money was accepted at 1:1, but do banks take it as well?

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, you make my knees hurt just looking at how much digging you had to do. I may use your line about IED's the next time someone ask what I'm doing!! Good job!

Steve ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread