jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only been MD'ing for about a month. I first tried spots that I knew were old, not much found.
I went to my first park and got some clad, and a chinese idiot knife. The knife was in the ground 2-3"
right under a swing seat on the playground...I could'nt believe that.....glad some kid did'nt find it.
The handle thing is a brass pull handle. It says PULL on it, and is heavy, found at a old late 1800 home site.....but i have'nt had much luck at the Real Old Sites, it might be my cheap-o detector.....still
looking for a weat or a 1964 something. O there is a eye piece to something in the pic with a knife, loup or scope eye piece.
so long-G

Attachments

• 2-10-06.gif
    2-10-06.gif
    81.3 KB · Views: 438
  • handle.gif
    handle.gif
    42.5 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds ....good thing you found the knife before some little kid did. Could have been lost by another THer. :)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job cleaning up that knife before some poor kid found it the hard way with his or foot. I've heard stories of kniives or razor blades being hidden in playgrounds or sand volleyball courts before. Sickos! Nice finds by the way - hang in there, the older stuff will come!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep....keep looking! I don't know what detector you have but my daughter hunts with me on occasion and she takes my other detector which is a $200 model and she finds good stuff with it! Just keep looking!!!!

Congrats on your finds and Good luck!!

Nana ;)

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
the way things are starting to get some kid probably threw the knife away when he upgraded to a? pistol...........

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
yep , sadly knives seem to be typical finds, anymore for playgrounds. so are bullets, but wire, sharp metal objects, and broken glass also can pose serious risks not just to the kids, but to you also. so be careful
welcome to a great hobby and
hh
dave+bobbie

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club MWS! It's amazing what you can find at a park or playground, lots of dangerous stuff out there. Then comes a detectorist and silently removes these dangers, I don't hunt many parks but I'm always glad to find the junk, makes you feel good and if anyone gives you a hard time, show them the dangerous stuff as well. I once spent about an hour at a beach, where my kids also swim, picking up 1 1/2" roofing nails, looked like someone dumped a box full right around the kiddie area. HH, Mike

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Thanks for picking it up. A lady asked me one time what I was doing one time while I was detecting in a park at the swings. I walked over to her and told her I was cleaning debris from the area. Had a bag full of nails, glass,screws and all other kinds of junk. She had thanked me. I said my children were small once and I wouldn't want them to step or fall on any of this. Have a Good day,HH Art...

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
When I was an active police officer late at night to stretch our legs we would go to the play grounds around town and "police" them. Unfortunately it seems bad people like to hang out in childrens play areas late at night. So aside from various evil doers we would find narcotics, razor bladers, items that I cant mention, and the one that scares me the most and the reason for this reply hypo needles. Please be careful when digging in high traffic areas, user will discard their needles and not even think about what they are doing. One night at a play ground my buddy and I found 5 small bags 3 with weed and 2 with what turned out to be crystal meth, we also found 3 1 sided razors and get this 8 needles. These were all found in about 30 minutes and all on top of the ground. So I can just imagine whats under ground. Thats just one night, I have found guns in parks when I was just out checking the restrooms, more ball bats than I can count. Also found 2 cases of spray paint stashed in a tube slide once. They also use the water meter hole alot of times to conceal items, like narcotics its a drop point. One guy will leave the what ever and the next will drop off the cash. At the same park as above at the play ground, we got 2 1 gallon zippy bags out of the meter hole one night. Just wanted to drop this in for you all..please be careful of the Hypos and Happy Hunting.
Saber

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Nice finds! Good thing you got that knife before someone stepped on it, I have one like it on mine you can adjust the screws so it just snaps out with a flick of the wrist. Don't worry, the older stuff will come ;)

B

B270H

Nice finds . If that knife is a " CRKT " brand ,which it looks like its worth a few bucks .

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
M,

just keep hunting.

Don't know how many times I go out and the finds are few. Just have to
keep looking, the good stuff will come.

have a good un..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread