Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not unless it's a MUZZY..BAD TO THE BONE!!!!!...jk...Probably not since it's not metalic..HH!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an MXT and I always hunt in relic. I find bullets and horseshoes! ;D

.........And......coins....medals....etc....doesn't matter where I hunt...parks or pastures....I always use relic mode. It seems to pick up better. ??? Guess it's fitting though.....being that I'm almost as old as a relic! :D

Good luck on your hunts!

Nana ;)

Only find things like arrowheads and marbles from constantly looking down or diggin them up! ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You won't find any arrowheads with that machine, but you will find plenty of relics, junque, and junk.

A relic is an old object like a horseshoe, buckle, button, tool, harmonica reed, spoon.....etc.... It usually an interesting object used in the past.

Junque isn't as old. It's interesting but usually only to yourself. It's a borderline treasure that maybe you should keep...maybe you should throw away. :D :D

Junk is junk. Pull tabs, bottle caps, foil wrappers, new nails, washers. ;)

These are just my definitions. 8)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find arrow Points when your digging metal objects....and Relics would be something old ...How old is the Question? Something ancient could be concidered a relic.... a old car only 40 years old can be called a Relic.....You make the call.......Hope this helps..........Seeker

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
BRYAN, Welcome To The Forum, In My Opinion Any Thing That Was Used 75Yrs. ago is a Relic. I Am 57Yrs. Old, So Members Younger Than Me May Have A Different Slant on This. My Father Was a WW2 Vetran, So I Didn't Think That WW2 Relics Were A Big Deal. Now I Realize That Viet Nam Relics Will Soon Be Collectable. It Makes Me Feel Old That My War is Now History. trk5capt...

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and keep asking questions. That is the only way to learn. Good Luck. HH Burdie

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Actually Bryan I think that is the most common question I am asked when people see me MDing. So its not a stupid question. Unfortunately your Metal Detector will not pick up "Arrow Heads" Unless of course you live in Europe or somewhere the bronze and iron age was the groove, then you are in luck. Or you get really lucky and find some old Spanish Relics from Desoto or Ponce de Leon. If you hunt alot of plowed fields you will most likely find "Paleolithic artifacts" or "arrow heads" while looking down as you sweep your coil to and fro. But then again in my thinking it is groovy to find anything that someone has lost. Be it an arrow head, clad coin, what ever, because it being lost all has a story, when I find it I wonder....what was happening when this was lost or put here. Then again thats just me. Anyway good luck with the new hobby...you'll never be the same again mwaahhahahahaha...oh sorry anyhow Happy Hunting.
Saber

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread