Mice, hearts and Gold?

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Mice, hearts and Gold?

What is it with these hearts? It seems that every detecting trip for the past month has turned up at least one heart, sometimes more. Heart pendants, heart hair clips, heart zipper pulls, heart buttons, hearts hearts hearts. Today I found three more hearts. No silver, no gold but hearts all the same. I found some mice too. Well, maybe one is a rat, I’m not too sure about him, He does seem to get around quite a bit after all. Dirty rat. <grin> he was hanging out with this clown. They had a lot in common though, they both like pizza and they are both pretty much worthless, except to a kid.

Token Comp.jpg

Tokens! Not an entirely unexpected find at a school playground. I detected two different school playgrounds this evening. I would have detected more but the shadows were getting so long they were merging with the darkness of evening when I called it a day and headed to the house. I actually looked at three different parks in another state this afternoon, and even detected for about twenty minutes at one of them before I realized that it was just too wet and muddy to bother with. And I had a long drive home to make yet too. I took my wife to her weekly doctor’s appointment near Blue Ash Ohio this morning and afterwards she allowed me to check out a few of the local parks for future detecting on another trip. The one park I tried to detect at today was no so terribly overwhelmed with children on spring break like the other two parks I checked out, but when I began detecting I found out why. It was a mud bog. You wouldn’t know it to look at it though, the park was actually on the top of a hill, but the water table must be really high there because everywhere you looked there was standing water just at root level of the grass. Absolutely Squishy to walk in. Forget digging!
Anyway, after the long drive home and then dinner. I decided to check out a couple of the local school playgrounds here in Lexington. The kiddies here are on spring break too. So off I went. The first playground was fairly populated with kids outdoors enjoying the pretty day, even late in the day. I didn’t have to play the pied piper this evening though, they pretty much left me to my own business. And business was good. I found all kinds of things. Coins to be sure, but goodies too. I found a pair of glasses with one lens missing, but found the missing lens in about two feet from the frames. I found a small case that reader glasses come in, at the second schoolyard. Pencils, pens, and a big daddy blue marker! I found a key and a pair of tweezers too. Tweezers?

Odds.JPG

Those were some odd finds, but not too unusual I guess. I found a bunch of trash metal too. Tabs, cans, can slaw, foil... trash.

Scrap.JPG

Oh yeah.. a base of a spent 12 gauge shotgun shell too.

There were the usual playground or tot lot bonanza to be found too.. buttons, snaps, studs and beads..

Buttons.JPG

And then there were the zipper pulls...

Pulls.JPG

I found some bling too this evening. Three different earrings. No silver or gold.. but cool all the same.

Bling.JPG

Oh. Did I mention I found some more hearts? Three hearts this trip out. A hair clasp and two pendants. One with a message even.

Hearts.JPG

Heart2.JPG

Did I mention the mice? I told you about the rat, Chuck E Cheese, he sure gets around. Well I found three little mice too. Actually I think it’s the same little one, just repeated. I think you might recognize her from her Disney fame, or maybe you know her “boyfriend” Mickey.. Minnie Mouse.. on a small, no, TINY bracelet.

Tiny Gold.JPG

I thought it was kind of heavy for its size when I picked it up out of the woodchips, and with the low light I couldn’t make out the stamping on the clasp, till I got home. Actually I couldn’t really make it out at home either with my naked eye, or even with a magnifying glass. However, when I took a series of pictures of it with my camera then viewed the pictures enlarged.. well you tell me.. is it gold? Looks like the stamp is ... GU4210K.. or GUA 210K Anything? Anyone?

Proof1.JPG

Proof Comp4.jpg

Oh.. and the coin. Coins I should say. Not a bad count after adding them all up. $9.91 U.S. in clad

Clad.JPG

Oh yeah! That’ll cover my gas (here at home anyway) and then some. I hope that tiny little bracelet is gold, but even if it’s not, it was titillating to find all the same. Perhaps it was Karma.. instant Karma that is. As I was leaving the first playground, I was approached by a young lady asking me if I’d found a cell phone while detecting. I hadn’t, of course, and told her so, and she continued looking around her car in the grass nearby. As I was getting into my truck I had a thought and got back out to ask her if her phone had a loud ring tone. Puzzled, she said that she thought it wasn’t too awfully loud, why did I want to know. I handed her my cell phone and let her dial her phone’s number. As she listened to the ring through my phone, we heard a phone ringing.. coming from her car. Her phone had fallen between her driver seat and the passenger seat. She looked a little embarrassed when she handed me my phone back was thanking me all the same for my help. Hmmm.. Karma? Gold at the next schoolyard? Could be!

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Attachments

• Token Comp.jpg
    Token Comp.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 257
  • Odds.JPG
    Odds.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Scrap.JPG
    Scrap.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 248
  • Buttons.JPG
    Buttons.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Pulls.JPG
    Pulls.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Bling.JPG
    Bling.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Hearts.JPG
    Hearts.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Heart2.JPG
    Heart2.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Tiny Gold.JPG
    Tiny Gold.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Proof1.JPG
    Proof1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Proof Comp4.jpg
    Proof Comp4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Clad.JPG
    Clad.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 3

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW .. what a fine display of spoils! Thanks for sharing!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man what a cornucopia of finds - I thought I would never find the end of your post "congrats" on your hearts - coins - jewelry - tokens & what nots - (is that Chucky Cheese tokens?) anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread