Baseball field/playground gives up the GOLD!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out this morning for an hours hunt and hit a big sports field complex. The ground was pretty well frozen, so I skipped the ball fields, and hunted in a sandlot playground in the back of the complex. I scored a fair amount of clad, and with my hands frozen, was about to head back to the car, but decided to spend a few last minutes hunting around the swing set. About halfway through, I got a strong nickel signal at 4", and out popped this pretty 10K gold ring. It has a big green stone, surrounded by smaller white stones, but I'm guessing those are fake since it's only a 10K ring, but it's my first gold find in quite a while, so I'm happy with it!! Remember, when hunting playgrounds, don't forget to hunt a few feet behind the swings, as that's where Mom stands to push the little ones, and loses stuff like this in the process!! With the snow coming tonight (8-15"), it looks like I'll be hunting below the tide lines for a while! Thanks for looking, and HH!

Attachments

• Edgewood Field 1 2-11-06.JPG
    Edgewood Field 1 2-11-06.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 528
  • Edgewood Gold Ring 1 2-11-06.JPG
    Edgewood Gold Ring 1 2-11-06.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 520
  • Edgewood Gold Ring 2 2-11-06.JPG
    Edgewood Gold Ring 2 2-11-06.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Ring...that's great!!
I guess we were spoiled with January's weather....

Joe

J

jgpreston

Nice days play but I know your hands had to hurt. Great looking ring WTG. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason my best finds have come right at first or near the last thing I dig.? Don't know why, just happens that way.? Maybe it's because I quit if I find something good?? Not really, just foolin'!? Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread