Baseball field/playground gives up the GOLD!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out this morning for an hours hunt and hit a big sports field complex. The ground was pretty well frozen, so I skipped the ball fields, and hunted in a sandlot playground in the back of the complex. I scored a fair amount of clad, and with my hands frozen, was about to head back to the car, but decided to spend a few last minutes hunting around the swing set. About halfway through, I got a strong nickel signal at 4", and out popped this pretty 10K gold ring. It has a big green stone, surrounded by smaller white stones, but I'm guessing those are fake since it's only a 10K ring, but it's my first gold find in quite a while, so I'm happy with it!! Remember, when hunting playgrounds, don't forget to hunt a few feet behind the swings, as that's where Mom stands to push the little ones, and loses stuff like this in the process!! With the snow coming tonight (8-15"), it looks like I'll be hunting below the tide lines for a while! Thanks for looking, and HH!

Attachments

• Edgewood Field 1 2-11-06.JPG
    Edgewood Field 1 2-11-06.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 528
  • Edgewood Gold Ring 1 2-11-06.JPG
    Edgewood Gold Ring 1 2-11-06.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 520
  • Edgewood Gold Ring 2 2-11-06.JPG
    Edgewood Gold Ring 2 2-11-06.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done, that is one very nicely made ring. Will look good on your own finger ;D

God bless
Peter

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
TK, never assume that 10K means stones are CZ's. Those look like they might be single cut diamonds but can't be sure without testing them 1st.

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Nice find -- I am pretty sure the white stones are diamonds -- athough they look to be I2 grade or so -- could just be the dirt. Not sure about the center stone. Congrats !! 8)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
very nice! i dont dig much gold so when i find one its something special, and yours looks pretty special to me! nicely done!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Gabbit said:
Nice find -- I am pretty sure the white stones are diamonds -- athough they look to be I2 grade or so -- could just be the dirt.? Not sure about the center stone.? Congrats !!? 8)

I'd hazard a guess that the green stone is either peridot or green tourmaline-although more likely peridot or a synth.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ? :D :D ? That is a nice gold Ring ....Very Different......Seams you here that all the time ,going back to the car or truck I hit the Big one....thats great....Keep on posting ?!!!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good! Thats a great looking ring!

;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet ring TK..Pull tab's don't look bad either.Keep us posted if the stone's are real...Kinda curious.Congrat's and HH!!

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Nice finds, and the photo's are great.........i wish I could take photo's that good..........feel free to e-mail me some tips..... :) :) HH

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
wtg tk, that is a nice ring, you deserve it. A job well done.
The green stone looks like peridot hard to saay withut testing the clear stones. Again a great find wtg
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread