WOW!!! Talking for a long time pays off!

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
I went to a local coin show today with my grandfather. We went in and went thru the show, looked at some really nice coins, and like usuall, my grnadfather found someone to talk to. So the talking carried on untill everyone except for the three of us were gone :angry5: :argue:
So as we were leaving, the guy my granfather was talking to was the guy who ran it, was parked in the opposite end of the lot than us, and, as we were walking towards our car, the other guy drove past us. Right next to our car sitting on the ground was a coin in one of those plastic things, so I grab it. I look only at the face of it and showed my grandfather, I didn't realize what the coin was besides a Buff. He looks at it then looks at me with the weirdest stare, then told me to look at it closer. My face went like :occasion18:

Attachments

• Buff1913dTp2(1).JPG
    Buff1913dTp2(1).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,460
  • Buff1913dTp2(2).JPG
    Buff1913dTp2(2).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Buff1913dTp2(3).JPG
    Buff1913dTp2(3).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,449
  • Buff1913dTp2(4).JPG
    Buff1913dTp2(4).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,457
Upvote 0

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
hikeinmts said:
JD, you did right, guy, in trying to find the owner of the dropped coin.
There is a world of difference between something that was lost 10, 100, 200 years ago, and something that was bought, and then lost, that day. What it is called is "doing to others what you would have them do to you." You did the right thing in
the follow-up. Now, if noone puts in the paper or by some other means, that he/she lost the coin, then you can enjoy
your coin with a free conscience. (That's part of what Easter is about.)
Good job. :thumbsup:
everyone is saying how he should find the owner.. well HOW are they going to prove they lost that coin ? I mean anyone searching the web can find this post an make up a story so they can scam him out of a coin... Like I said in my other post If the over 200.00 meant so much to them they spent they would have been more careful.. like my mom used to tell me when I was younger "If you don't watch what your doing an you lose it, Only person to blame is yourself" an how about the famous finders keepers losers weepers?? an on a side note had JD not said a word about what he found just said he found something at the coin show, then I wouldn't have a problem with him posting something online in lost & found... but since it is all over the web... It is stupid an ricdiculous to tell him to give up a coin like that ,that can be easily scammed from him... Also JD is just a kid that coin & value means way more to him then the person who lost it!!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice eye find jd.... I agree...you did the right thing by trying to find the owner using the code, now it's yours...congrats big time on a very nice find! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eyeball find, you tried, the coin is now yours take it and move on.....

You have posted the coin on the internet, anyone can read this thread even non members and give all the details in describing it, and scam you, the rightful owner now out of it. ....

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless someone comes out with a receipt and a matching serial number. :dontknow: I'd say the coin is yours... :icon_scratch: Are you going to sell it or keep it ? ??? Very happy for you man, good job !! ;D :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ It and HH !! :D ;D

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Treasure_Hunter said:
You have posted the coin on the internet, anyone can read this thread even non members and give all the details in describing it, and scam you, the rightful owner now out of it. ....
thank you!! This has been my very point from the begining of the post.. Mud serial numbers from what?

OP
OP
jdsarasin8194

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Unless someone comes out with a receipt and a matching serial number. :dontknow: I'd say the coin is yours... :icon_scratch: Are you going to sell it or keep it ? ??? Very happy for you man, good job !! ;D :icon_thumleft:

I'm probibly going to keep it for a while if no one comes foward with the receipt rather than selling it.
Should I have it graded? On PGCS, it lists a MS 65 one is worth $15,000 (If I read the chart correctly) :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
thank you!! This has been my very point from the begining of the post.. Mud serial numbers from what?

Creeper, I meant to quote your post and forgot, my apologies. I think some people don't realize the number of vistors TN gets who do not register....Anyone can read a post and if there is enough info there try to claim false ownership....

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Creeper he said that the guy who sold the coin put a number on the coin, that serial number. So if someone has that same number with or in a receipt then I'd say that justifies as proof of purchase. :icon_thumleft:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
creeper71 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Creeper he said that the guy who sold the coin put a number on the coin, that serial number. So if someone has that same number with or in a receipt then I'd say that justifies as proof of purchase. :icon_thumleft:

Not really unless he can get the orginal receipt from the seller to compare, Heck I can go to staples or even walmart right now buy a receipt booklet an write all the info on the paper an could say it's mine.. another point to be made is 99% of the dealers probly don't even use receipts cause it's all under the table money..... So no matter what the Coin is JD's ......PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION

OP
OP
jdsarasin8194

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
creeper71 said:
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
creeper71 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Not really unless he can get the orginal receipt from the seller to compare, Heck I can go to staples or even walmart right now buy a receipt booklet an write all the info on the paper an could say it's mine.. another point to be made is 99% of the dealers probly don't even use receipts cause it's all under the table money..... So no matter what the Coin is JD's ......PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION
Sounds good to me... ;D
I'm thinking about having it graded :dontknow:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice Buff all the same :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread