3 CW Buckle spot is now is a 4 Civil War Buckle spot

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Monkeyboy Jr and I went back out and hunted the same spot where we have found 3 buckles.... he managed to dig another Breast Plate bring the total to four!! I added up everything we found over the last day and:

1 US Cartridge Box Plate
3 Breast Plate
1 Rosette
I Springfield end piece
Knapsack Hook
4 eagle buttons
1 Eagle I Button
1 Staff Button
1 NY Cuff button
I Flower Button
2 Ball Buttons
4 Flat Buttond
107 Bullets
1857 Half Dime
1 Stud

All in all... I'd say a heck of a spot!!

The last item I'm posting I am not sure what it is... I thought it was a tongue but it is flat so I am pretty isn't any ideas??

MB

MonkeyBoy Jrs Second Plate!!! Doing GREAT since he is only 12!!!!!
mattsdigs.jpg

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,415
  • unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,412
Upvote 0

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: My 3 Civil War Buckle spot is now... a 4 Civil War Buckle spot!!!! ;-)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

You are the man! BANNER :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Re: My 3 Civil War Plate spot is now... a 4 Civil War plate spot!!!! ;-)

MonkeyBoy said:
DMN said:
MonkeyBoy said:
DMN said:
What a poor showing. You could only manage 4? I really am amazed. That is some site you have there :notworthy: . Was it an encampment or was there a skirmish of some sort? Either way, it looks like you have one honey of a spot and judging by the bullets and the plates, a place to dig for a good summer and probably a few years to come.

This was a resting spot for a bunch of NY boys right before they walked in to a well hidden line of VA troops and got there butts waxed!!I am still working the area of the approach... I need to find where the line broke and they hauled butt out of the area... I'm thinking that might produce a lot more relics... ;-) The was an area right above a spring... nothing more then a resting spot...

MM

Have you walked the spring yet? You may find a few good items in and around the old bed. Those poor NY boys...they may have been my neighbors!

Oh yeah!! and I have banged up ankles to prove it!!but nothing in the stream bed. How close are you to Medina, Orleans County, NY?? at least one of them was from there... and honestly.. all the guys they were sneaking up on.. were my neighbors ;-)
Hmmmm, Medina? That's about an hour from me. He was pretty close. So I have to stand up and say.......Nice finds!
Did you find this spot out by reading town records or stumble across some family history? Don't need the specifics, jusst interesting to know how the line of history goes when you find these types of "minor spots". Once again, those plates are nice...glad you could recover them.

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon

The onlybad thing about finding such nice stuff is that everything else might seem like fishing for Bluegill in the Pacific Ocean! :laughing9: Killer finds guys and thanks for sharing! :headbang:

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monkeyboy you are very lucky to have a spot like that to dig. I know where all the action from the war took place around my area. Only problem is either the government owns the land or the private owner knows that there was activity there and wants to keep folks out of the property. I am stuck with this situation right now. Its like knowing there is a treasure chest buried at spot X, but you can't get to spot X because it is surrounded by water. You keep pounding that site. I bet you can save some more relics out of that place. Saving the past is better than letting it rot away in the ground. :headbang:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Awesome finds. I wonder if any of my ancestors were on the Virginia side. All of my ancestors fought for Virginia and I have never made it up there to do any hunting yet. Keep us posted. I love to see CW finds on here.

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

treasurehound said:
Awesome finds. I wonder if any of my ancestors were on the Virginia side. All of my ancestors fought for Virginia and I have never made it up there to do any hunting yet. Keep us posted. I love to see CW finds on here.

Will do.. I'll post some of the Virginia relics from the skirmish site.

MB

vermonster

May 7, 2009
hootersville NY
Detector(s) used
whites prism IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:headbang:Awesome display, you guys are doing great keep up the good work
vermonster

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MonkeyBoy said:
{Sentinel} said:
MonkeyBoy, as many plates as you have......you DEFINITELY don't need FOUR MORE....Save some for someone else!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That being said, Very Nice! :wink:

Well.. once I break 100 plates. I'll slow down!! ;-) Leave them in the ground for my boys!! ;-)

MB
would you mind boxing up the(dirt and all) next signal you get and sending it to oklahoma.... :laughing7:

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee

Gonehunting said:
MonkeyBoy said:
{Sentinel} said:
MonkeyBoy, as many plates as you have......you DEFINITELY don't need FOUR MORE....Save some for someone else!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That being said, Very Nice! :wink:

Well.. once I break 100 plates. I'll slow down!! ;-) Leave them in the ground for my boys!! ;-)

MB
would you mind boxing up the(dirt and all) next signal you get and sending it to oklahoma.... :laughing7:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ahhhhhhhh, SWEET! Super finds! Breezie

P.S. I still love your avatar.

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Breezie said:
Ahhhhhhhh, SWEET! Super finds! Breezie

P.S. I still love your avatar.

Thanks!!! I switch for a bit.. but I just have to have my monkey up there!!!! ;-)

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that is another great plate!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most impressive finds from one location I have ever seen. You've hit the mother load :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread