3 CW Buckle spot is now is a 4 Civil War Buckle spot

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Monkeyboy Jr and I went back out and hunted the same spot where we have found 3 buckles.... he managed to dig another Breast Plate bring the total to four!! I added up everything we found over the last day and:

1 US Cartridge Box Plate
3 Breast Plate
1 Rosette
I Springfield end piece
Knapsack Hook
4 eagle buttons
1 Eagle I Button
1 Staff Button
1 NY Cuff button
I Flower Button
2 Ball Buttons
4 Flat Buttond
107 Bullets
1857 Half Dime
1 Stud

All in all... I'd say a heck of a spot!!

The last item I'm posting I am not sure what it is... I thought it was a tongue but it is flat so I am pretty isn't any ideas??

MB

MonkeyBoy Jrs Second Plate!!! Doing GREAT since he is only 12!!!!!
mattsdigs.jpg

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,415
  • unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,412
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My 3 Plate spot is now... a 4 plate spot!!!! ;-)

That is amazing! Congrats and HH, Mike

pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My 3 Civil War Plate spot is now... a 4 Civil War plate spot!!!! ;-)

4 plates in three days plus all of the extras is a banner find in my book! Congrats jr on your second plate. The boys are jealous!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U ARE TEARIN IT UP MAN!

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS

Jeez! Let me guess....you're going back tomorrow right? ;D

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

What a poor showing. You could only manage 4? I really am amazed. That is some site you have there :notworthy: . Was it an encampment or was there a skirmish of some sort? Either way, it looks like you have one honey of a spot and judging by the bullets and the plates, a place to dig for a good summer and probably a few years to come.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MonkeyBoy, as many plates as you have......you DEFINITELY don't need FOUR MORE....Save some for someone else!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That being said, Very Nice! :wink:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

DMN said:
What a poor showing. You could only manage 4? I really am amazed. That is some site you have there :notworthy: . Was it an encampment or was there a skirmish of some sort? Either way, it looks like you have one honey of a spot and judging by the bullets and the plates, a place to dig for a good summer and probably a few years to come.

This was a resting spot for a bunch of NY boys right before they walked in to a well hidden line of VA troops and got thier butts waxed!!I am still working the area of the approach... I need to find where the line broke and they hauled butt out of the area... I'm thinking that might produce a lot more relics... ;-) The was an area right above a spring... nothing more then a resting spot...

MM

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon

Suh-weet! Your homework and research paid off, keep us posted on future finds! :headbang:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You've had a great year already, and its only April! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

{Sentinel} said:
MonkeyBoy, as many plates as you have......you DEFINITELY don't need FOUR MORE....Save some for someone else!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That being said, Very Nice! :wink:

Well.. once I break 100 plates. I'll slow down!! ;-) Leave them in the ground for my boys!! ;-)

MB

Dixiedigger

Dec 2, 2009
Southern Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75

That's the best spot I've ever heard of. Very few people ever get to dig relics like that in one spot. Congrats :thumbsup:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice job - congats to you and Jr! :icon_thumright:

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome! :wav:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

MonkeyBoy said:
DMN said:

This was a resting spot for a bunch of NY boys right before they walked in to a well hidden line of VA troops and got there butts waxed!!I am still working the area of the approach... I need to find where the line broke and they hauled butt out of the area... I'm thinking that might produce a lot more relics... ;-) The was an area right above a spring... nothing more then a resting spot...

MM

Have you walked the spring yet? You may find a few good items in and around the old bed. Those poor NY boys...they may have been my neighbors!

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

You all are doing great. If that place has been hunted it wasn't hard. Looking forward to seeing more good finds.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have a dream site brother!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008

man talk about having alot on your PLATE!! ;D congrats. willy

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

DMN said:
MonkeyBoy said:
DMN said:

This was a resting spot for a bunch of NY boys right before they walked in to a well hidden line of VA troops and got there butts waxed!!I am still working the area of the approach... I need to find where the line broke and they hauled butt out of the area... I'm thinking that might produce a lot more relics... ;-) The was an area right above a spring... nothing more then a resting spot...

MM

Have you walked the spring yet? You may find a few good items in and around the old bed. Those poor NY boys...they may have been my neighbors!

Oh yeah!! and I have banged up ankles to prove it!!but nothing in the stream bed. How close are you to Medina, Orleans County, NY?? at least one of them was from there... and honestly.. all the guys they were sneaking up on.. were my neighbors ;-)

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

vayank54 said:
You all are doing great. If that place has been hunted it wasn't hard. Looking forward to seeing more good finds.

Part of the area had been hunted long ago, the area they stopped to camp the day before... which is where my son dug his first US Buckle!! but that was a good distance from where we are hunting now. The rest of the engagement was pretty much untouched. My next "mission" is trace the path they retreated and where they stopped to camp from there, that is going to be almost impossible. Everything we dug this time was within a 200" foot circle.. give or take.. pure dump luck!! I've walked past it a bunch of times hunting the skirmish site. and honestly I am making the assumption these two sites are related given how close they are.. but this could have been a different unit resting there a year later for all I know.. we are talking about one small action barely mentioned in the scope of the war. The NY buttons and other items do help confirm it, but I have found a lot less .69 bullets then is typical of a NY unit.

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread