1753 PILLAR One Reale (NEW PICS)

U

umrgolf

:headbang: :headbang: Yes!! the J-team(Sentinel and myself) scored our second 1753 pillar one reale in two weeks ;D (Josh's was in comparable shape, but holed) This was found at a NEW site which is nothing more than a big vacant lot in the middle of town... I dug somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 pieces of trash, but knew it would pay off since it was both a union and confederate camp.. I was more than shocked to see spanish silver come out of the ground today. It gave a copper penny reading at 4 inches and when I popped the plug the signal disappeared. I looked down and removed a small piece of iron and BAM the signal was back.. Expecting to reach down and pick up my 1970 penny, I couldn't believe the silver disc I was looking at.. Also today, I dug my first Enfield bullet along with 4 .69 caliber bullets and a few other odds and ends..

NEW PICS-Mine on LEFT, Josh's on RIGHT (notice we have different mintmarks.. mine is mexico city and Josh's has an I w/ a dot over it next to an M ??? ) Thank you MackayDon :headbang: :headbang: The mintmark on Josh's is Lima, Peru :headbang:
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG

1753 one reale before cleaning
IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

Group shot before clean
IMG_0058.JPG

1 Enfield, 4 .69 caliber bullets, 1 .58 cal, 4 musketballs, 1 Spencer casing
IMG_0067.JPG

lantern parts
IMG_0071.JPG

unknown brass ???
IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

silver after cleaning
IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

:icon_thumleft: HH Jeff

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeap, I told you that spot of mine would produce for us :headbang: :wink: Super sweet finds for ANY day. That's
a very respectable amount of Civil War bullets and a Reale to boot! ;D :wink:
BTW, that's a Toe tap (the brass w/ holes in it)....I told you that earlier but I don't think you heard me b/c of the T.V.. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We've been on a roll and it continues!

P.S.--thats hilarious that its the same denomination and the same year :laughing7: :D :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

The PA Bros :laughing9: :laughing9: Wonder how they did today.. I think the J-team will compete well with KKC and the 2 Iron Brigades this year :thumbsup:

{Sentinel} said:
Yeap, I told you that spot of mine would produce for us :headbang: :wink: Super sweet finds for ANY day. That's
BTW, that's a Toe tap (the brass w/ holes in it)....I told you that earlier but I don't think you heard me b/c of the T.V.. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's right, you did tell me it was a toe tap.. my bad bud :laughing7: Look forward to getting back out there with you tomorrow :o

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:

The PA Bros :laughing9: :laughing9: Wonder how they did today.. I think the J-team will compete well with KKC and the 2 Iron Brigades this year :thumbsup:

{Sentinel} said:

That's right, you did tell me it was a toe tap.. my bad bud :laughing7: Look forward to getting back out there with you tomorrow :o

You're too one dimensional x 2 .... so how could you ever compete being limited to Spanish silver and Confederate buttons? :tongue3: I might as well have the Iron Bros trophy engraved right now. ;D

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WooooHOOOOOO, you dug what we all seek every weekend! :headbang: :notworthy: The J-Team is top-notch and will compete with KKC. :dontknow: :headbang: We hunt the same kind of sites, so it will be fun to see who finds what. You guys have always been my friends on here and I hope you all have a great year. It looks to be a dandy already!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one awesome silver! GOOD JOB! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks fellas... Kirk, that was the last thing I expected to see today.. gotta love md'ing :laughing7:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:

{Sentinel} said:

You're too one dimensional x 2 .... so how could you ever compete being limited to Spanish silver and Confederate buttons? :tongue3: I might as well have the Iron Bros trophy engraved right now. ;D

:laughing9: :laughing9: decent dimensions but the trophy is ours :hello2:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Great coin, great find!
On the obverse at the top "VTRA QUE VNUM" is Latin for "both are one", meaning that both worlds, the Americas and Asia/Europe shown on the two crowned globes, are in reality one world.
Don.......

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

SWEEEEEEET milled pillar, Jeff! The J-Team has been rocking the Colonial dirt lately! You guys make one heck of a team! :notworthy:

Kyle

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Mackaydon said:
Great coin, great find!
On the obverse at the top "VTRA QUE VNUM" is Latin for "both are one", meaning that both worlds, the Americas and Asia/Europe shown on the two crowned globes, are in reality one world.
Don.......

thanks for that info Don! Very cool

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

KylePA said:
SWEEEEEEET milled pillar, Jeff! The J-Team has been rocking the Colonial dirt lately! You guys make one heck of a team! :notworthy:

Kyle

thanks kyle.. Kkc's not too shabby either :laughing9:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WTG Jeff!!! You definitely have a HOT HAND lately. I figured Josh would recognize the toe tap. Does your Enfield have a base mark in the cavity? Congrats, Quindy.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Jeff!!! You definitely have a HOT HAND lately. I figured Josh would recognize the toe tap. Does your Enfield have a base mark in the cavity? Congrats, Quindy.

thanks quindy, no mark in the base unfortunately

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS

Are you sure that's 1753 and not 1793? Either way it's a great find!

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

incajoe said:
Are you sure that's 1753 and not 1793? Either way it's a great find!

ya, the king is fernando VI i think which is right for that date.. Some of the numbers on those coins can be peculiar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread