Over 70 pieces of junk, Gold, Silver and Illinois Chauffeur Badge. Update....

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
Alrighty, I know my posts are low and Ive been a member for over a year. I figure its about time to start posting regularly. With that out of the way, time for the good stuff. I was digging every pull tab today, like I usually do, and I got 2 surprise's from it. In the first pick, the corner with the silver dime and pull tab, I dug the tab, rechecked the hole, and about 3 inches deeper was my second silver dime of the day. The second surprise came in the form of a class ring! 10K with initials and the date 1938 on there twice! I checked online and that school, that was on the ring, was built in 1909. (I found the ring in a different town) Also "Peacock" is stamped in there. The stone is missing but I did take a bunch of dirt from the hole and the plug and I will see if I can find it. I dug the war nickel first, the 1959 dime second, the 64d third and the ring last. The other war nickel, 1942 20 centavos, silver ring, and the 1930 badge were from my last hunt. I figured I would sneak them in.
First today's trash and others.
Rest.jpg

Dug Pics

Goods1.jpg

All the keeper

Goods2.jpg

Coins

Coins1.jpg

Ring closeup, the 1938 dates are on the sides. One date is almost worn off, I needed my eye loupe to see it.

RingClose.jpg

Last hunt, but still good, hunt. My first war nickel, and the stone that was in the ring, someone said is Quartz.

LastHunt.jpg

I forgot to mention that my buddy Bacon, that I hunt with, took a video of me digging the ring out. But its embarrassing since I was yelling like a school girl, so i wont post it. :tongue3:

Update: I called the school's district office today and went through the automated system 4 times and no one answered. I also called one of the schools and no one answered. I know the kids have today off over there (I work for a neighboring towns school district, but I don't get any days off like the kids or teachers do) so I can try again tomorrow. If anyone knows a better way I should be doing this, please let me know. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Over 70 pieces of junk, Gold, Silver and Illinois Chauffeur Badge.

Love the dime pull tab combo, guess i should post all the cr@p i dug to find my first gold this year!!! Happy hunting!!! Chug

I currently have 3/4 a bucket full of pull tabs, nails, foil, car parts, ect. guess ill have to post on craigs list for scrap metal pick up soon!!!!

Keep it up your still hitting the gold and silver!!!!

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505

Please post the video! I want to compare it to the PA boy's colonial copper shriekfest.

Great finds!

-Fathead

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

Just goes to show you it isn't always the good finds that come out of the ground. Sometimes there's a ton of junk before the real class stuff shows up. Hope you're able to find the owner or the decendants of the ring's owner. That would be one hekuva return and totally Honorable Mention material!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The class ring is a great find ! :icon_thumright:WTG
Glen

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

good diggin! congrats on the ring! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread