Honey Hole with Silver

jessewvu

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
I had a forum account but I guess it was deleted over the winter when I wasn't hunting/posting.. I think I only posted 10 times though.

Me and two other guys have been hitting a local elementary school over the past few months and almost every time we have pulled out silver. Merc's, Rossies, quarters, and even a walking liberty half.

Well, we went again yesterday after work and I got a weird signal on my V3, it was a sporadic 63+. It got my interest so I dug it. I pulled out a Jefferson from 1965 I think. I put my plug in and ran my detector over it again. This time I was getting a 83 in the same hole. I put my hand back in there and found a 1935 quarter. I was so happy I thought there couldn’t be anything else in there so I put my plug back in and then swung again, BEEP. I then pulled out a buffalo nickel with a mercury dime stuck to it. I kept my DX-1 in there for a while looking for more but that’s all that was in there. :D

It was by far the best hole I have ever dug. Sorry, no pictures yet. It was my first time out this year.

Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great first hunt this year! Interesting that they were lost in 1965 or later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions