Another old find in Colonial field a Reale not sure of date 1737?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back today for another hunt in the old Colonial field 90 minutes i hit pay dirt !! the tall grass really takes its toll on me as you will see in pics i got a low tone signal a +47 it said 8 inches deep but it sounded very clear so i dug it and dug and dug :laughing9: finally i almost gave up after 15 minutes i look in the hole and there is a edge of coin in the dirt my pin pointer didnt find it ? hhmm anyway i took a few pics of the dig I think its a Spanish Reale date ? 1737 i need advise how to clean this baby ? i do not want to ruin it all i did so far is water ! it was found very near the 1600,s buckle i dug yesterday . Dd60

Attachments

• 100_0735.jpg
    100_0735.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 700
  • 100_0742.jpg
    100_0742.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 674
  • 100_0736.jpg
    100_0736.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 699
  • 100_0739.jpg
    100_0739.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 680
  • 100_0728.jpg
    100_0728.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
Lol, DD60 i dont recall you saying that you were offended by anyone helping you id the coin. I can see why you would think its a reale though since we see so many copper counterfeits posted.
No i was not offended by anyone i ask for help and you guys all chipped in :thumbsup: anything really old iam still learning Oh! by the way i went back for another hour and found another one twice the size of the first one ill post it later after i get off work and again iam not sure what it is ? i see date on it 17?? so far , plus a nice flat button Good hunting Dd60

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Looks like a King George II farthing.. Nice find, not sure about the date but it's the younger head so I'd say that's pretty close

Absolutely!
I still dont know a date is it around 1716 kind of looks like 17-7 ? and is a hot HP bath advisable you got to remember i aint no expert on these old finds :dontknow: Thanks for any help
Dd60

1730s is the time frame. George I was 1717-1724, then George II started a short time later.

I suspect that one won't get much better with cleaning. It's very pitted. It might even look worse when you're done. Let it air dry after the HP, will keep some of the color which might help a little.
Thanks IP iam trying to put a date on that field looks like so far late 1600,s to mid 1700,s Dd60

Look for the pockets of iron. You find those and there could be some great old finds mixed in!
You hit on the nose i now have a pile of iron :laughing7: and i found a second coin twice the size of the first not sure what it is looks like that King again and date 17?? ill post later after work plus a nice flat button, this huge field is a 5 minute walk from house :hello2: Dd60

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Looks like a King George II farthing.. Nice find, not sure about the date but it's the younger head so I'd say that's pretty close

Absolutely!
I still dont know a date is it around 1716 kind of looks like 17-7 ? and is a hot HP bath advisable you got to remember i aint no expert on these old finds :dontknow: Thanks for any help
Dd60

1730s is the time frame. George I was 1717-1724, then George II started a short time later.

I suspect that one won't get much better with cleaning. It's very pitted. It might even look worse when you're done. Let it air dry after the HP, will keep some of the color which might help a little.
Thanks IP iam trying to put a date on that field looks like so far late 1600,s to mid 1700,s Dd60

Look for the pockets of iron. You find those and there could be some great old finds mixed in!
You hit on the nose i now have a pile of iron :laughing7: and i found a second coin twice the size of the first not sure what it is looks like that King again and date 17?? ill post later after work plus a nice flat button, this huge field is a 5 minute walk from house :hello2: Dd60

I used to have some quality early sites even closer! :thumbsup: It's great isn't it.

buddyb

Mar 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Garrett AT Pro
Congratulations on finding anything in those weeds.
You are a better man than I, Gunga Din.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:

Absolutely!
Dd60

I used to have some quality early sites even closer! :thumbsup: It's great isn't it.
Sure it beats driving miles when you can just walk down the block :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread