My first Three ringer!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
My first Three ringer!

Yeah! A Three ringer! Okay, so it’s not a Civil War Vintage Projectile, but it gave me a shot... of adrenaline! What I thought was a nickel or a pull tab, according to my White’s Prizm IV, turned out to be this funky little ring. Three actually, all intertwined on themselves.

ThreeRing.JPG

Ring2.JPG

You just never know what you’re going to pull out of the ground when you’re metal detecting do you? Like the old saying goes.. “DIG EVERYTHING” Well I dug it.. and I “dig” it. Too bad there are no hallmarks or stamps or any engraving to be found anywhere on the ring..er.. rings. I doubt seriously that it’s made of any kind of precious metal like silver or gold or platinum. I still think it’s cool though. Definitely the highlight of today’s hunting.
I found other things of course, at both the Tot Lot at the park and at the baseball complex. There were the usual stuff.. pull tabs and can slaw and other bits and pieces of metal. One big honking signal turned out to be some sort of door lock fixture, I don’t know what else to call it, it is the big heavy ring that mounts on the door and the lock mechanism is inside of it.

Junk.JPG

Then there was the lipstick tube.. maybe it’s mabelene ? Along with the buttons and snaps and zipper pulls I found one big snap clip with part of a rope still attached. Guess Rover got loose by chewing the rope or something.

Stuff.JPG

I found a few goodies today too. Truly lost treasures.. of some child or another, but treasures all the same. Some were found with the detector, some found because I was detecting. We all make “eyeball” finds while detecting. Unless we walk around with our eyes closed that is. If I’d have done that I’d have missed poor little flipper the dolphin (porpoise) .

Toys.JPG

Yeah.. a plastic porpoise.. another fine addition to my growing menagerie of plastic animals and figurines found while detecting. That reminds me, I REALLY need to build some kind of shadow box to put this stuff in, my computer is beginning to get crowded!

Menagerie.JPG

My wife is not as amused by my collection as I am though. Yeah.. need to build that shadowbox. Sometime. She doesn’t mind so much, all the coins I find and bring home from metal detecting outings. Imagine that! I added a little more to the Vacation fund today too, not as much as the last few outings, but then anything is a bonus isn’t it? Lots of pennies found today, and dimes. It all adds up!

Clad.JPG

That would be another couple of gallons of gas for our trip to the beach in a couple of weeks. Wish the beach was a little bit closer to home, wouldn’t spend as much on gas to get there. Of course I’ll be taking my detector too.. maybe even finding some goodies in the sand, or some clad to pay for some gas on the way home too. One can hope anyway. Hope you all get to get out and have a little fun soon too. As always..

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Interesting.. Very Interesting finds. A couple of years ago, I found a plastic YOYO with a coin face on it in a hole. Man at first I thought I found a big one until I pulled it out of the hole and checked it. I never did find what was giving off the metel signal. But goes to show you never know what you will find.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds :icon_thumleft: those Italian wedding rings are great i found a triple pair last year no marks either but they are silver i always wondered how to wear them on a finger :laughing7: Good hunt Dd60

Attachments

• wedding rings 3.jpg
    wedding rings 3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 383
  • wedding rings 3.jpg
    wedding rings 3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 375
OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Spooky said:
lol!!

I swear to GOD, Floyd, you get more eyeball finds than everyone else here combined
:laughing7:

"See Frodov's fantabulous fantastical free plastic action figure and matchbox museum!!"

Well the picture of the "menagerie" only includes the farm tractors I've found.. the rest of the toy vehicles would fill three one gallon zip lock bags! I've got enough to start and maintain a used "toy" car lot! I've photographed them in the past and posted here at TNet, but I've more than doubled my.. uh.. inventory since then! Need a new ride?

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Knightwalker said:
Interesting.. Very Interesting finds. A couple of years ago, I found a plastic YOYO with a coin face on it in a hole. Man at first I thought I found a big one until I pulled it out of the hole and checked it. I never did find what was giving off the metel signal. But goes to show you never know what you will find.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

I wonder if you were picking up the pin in the middle?

Frodov

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Deepdiger60 said:
Nice finds :icon_thumleft: those Italian wedding rings are great i found a triple pair last year no marks either but they are silver i always wondered how to wear them on a finger :laughing7: Good hunt Dd60

I would have thought it was silver (it? They?) The "three" ring ring that is. Are they really called "Italian Wedding Rings"? I know a jeweler in the next town over, went to highschool with her. She said she'd appraise anything I brought into her store and I've been meaning to go visit for some time now. Perhaps I'll include that "three ringer" with whatever I take and see for sure what it's made of. That would be nice if it WAS Silver!!! COOL! Thanks for looking.. and as always..

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread