Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nova Caesarea & more country +

Sat .4-10-2010 Hi T-Net , The finds are adding up for the field . Located the homestead 1720 -1810,the stable ,two work areas at an old intersection of two of the earliest roads in this area . Found the roads ,they exist , both can still can be seen in the adjoining woods , 8 feet wide and a foot deep ,wagon trails. This mourning started out with a old medallion .Wasn't long before newer coins started turning up . Moved back to a section of land where these old roads would intersect .There were more horse shoes and iron targets .Moved again 25 yards then the buttons started turning up . More older relics ..a brass trunk lock ,that matches a hinge I found on a previous hunt here . More buttons and another piece of buckle . Something came swooping out of the sky near me ,not the red tailed hawk this time . "Canadian" big ,goose landed ,nearby, it stayed all day ..weird , cannot figure out ,why are these birds are hanging around :dontknow: ::) Digs where a mix of new and old ,cleared out a bunch of clad ,and I dug an unexpected coin .. "silver" Capped bust halfdime 1836 . 8) Beautiful coin ,washed it off with water and took some pictures . Recovering from this excitement , I could sense more eyes staring from the woods ! Turkeys , many turkeys , an albino, turkey leader ,did the strut for the non caring hens ..know that feeling ! :o Starting to get use to all the wild life ,except for this pesky ground hog that keeps popping up near my turf .Took a picture of the varmit today ,less than 10 feet from where I dug the Bust silver. Almost like it was waiting to bite me in the A$$ end . Anyway ,moving on ,next finds were the usual ..buttons ..buttons ..clad ..horse shoes, wait ..1872 Shield nickel , ..Then a big copper ..no , not a 1783, :o ...Jersey :o state copper, in great condition , 1787 "Maris 43-d {Thanks for the ID, Don}Congrats on banner .. Alright!!! 2nd one of these Maris 43. #5 NJ's . Love these coins . ;D That was enough ..packed up and got out of there . Time to get out of here, as well , Fun, peaceful day . Out in the country ,relics , buttons , coins ,no violence , no bugs , wild life , back on the farm with the dawg.. Thanks for your interest :icon_pirat: CMDdawg Thanks CRUSADER for id on watch finder ..more pictures added

Attachments

• 100_1580.jpg
    100_1580.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 779
  • 100_1586.jpg
    100_1586.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 791
  • 100_1582.jpg
    100_1582.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 786
  • 100_1584.jpg
    100_1584.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 781
  • 100_1598.jpg
    100_1598.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 794
  • 100_1601.jpg
    100_1601.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 792
  • 100_1594.jpg
    100_1594.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 782
  • 1787 004.jpg
    1787 004.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 783
  • 1787 003.jpg
    1787 003.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 779
  • 100_1578.jpg
    100_1578.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 774
  • 1787 001.jpg
    1787 001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 766
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Nova Caesarea & more country +

i was down your way on sunday took the kids to the cape mays zoo ........ there looks like alot of area to hunt around there .........great finds ....al

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The Dawg is back on the Colonial wagon. :notworthy: :headbang: You are one of the most consistent Colonial hunters in SJ. :) 8) That NJ copper would make me a proud poppa. :hello2:

Kirk

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pinebarrens1 said:
i was down your way on sunday took the kids to the cape mays zoo ........ there looks like alot of area to hunt around there .........great finds ....al
Sounds like a fun day ,the zoo down here is a fun day for all , esp. the rugrats ::) A lot of history still buried here . Thank U pinebarrens1

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk PA said:
The Dawg is back on the Colonial wagon. :notworthy: :headbang: You are one of the most consistent Colonial hunters in SJ. :) 8) That NJ copper would make me a proud poppa. :hello2:

Kirk
The Jersey coin design is a favorite in SJ. I am very , proud that it is in a better place, above the dirt. Thanks Kirk

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

girardpaguy said:
Great days haul!
Nice digs dude.
:coffee2:
Thanks, girardpaguy ... Best of Luck to all :thumbsup:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

now thats my kind of hunt!

U

umrgolf

Haven't been on T-net for a few days :o :o the dawg has caught fire :headbang: :headbang: ::)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As I was reading more and more it was getting me charged up for our hunt this weekend, then it hit me we're going to our "NJ site" and with two coppers already having been found maybe I'll finally cross that one off the list. The cool part is I know who settled, what part of NJ he came from.... and a good general guideline of his life. So a NJ coin would be more of an artifact to me.

In ten years of hunting old sites I don't recall 1 old copper coming out that color brown. Either they're green or black, but not looking like that. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
As I was reading more and more it was getting me charged up for our hunt this weekend, then it hit me we're going to our "NJ site" and with two coppers already having been found maybe I'll finally cross that one off the list. The cool part is I know who settled, what part of NJ he came from.... and a good general guideline of his life. So a NJ coin would be more of an artifact to me.

In ten years of hunting old sites I don't recall 1 old copper coming out that color brown. Either they're green or black, but not looking like that. :thumbsup:
Sniffy said:
now thats my kind of hunt!
I hope the rest are the best ,Still nice to find a Victoria . Thanks
umrgolf2000 said:
Haven't been on T-net for a few days :o :o the dawg has caught fire :headbang: :headbang: ::)
???Where have U been Jeff ??? How did the J-Team do ??? Things are still adding up ,finally a decent field for me. Thanks ,dawg
Iron Patch said:

You have a Jersey site 8) Townsends and Leamings settled here .Aaron Leaming was a friend of Ben Franklin :sign13: Look at Sniffy's avatar Draped Bust ..it is gold brown . Like you say most are green or black .. IP ,Best of luck this weekend ,to U and all :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting