Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like i said in the beginning i asked permission and got it from the owner to hunt that field a lady the field just sits there over grown all year and now is time to hunt it before it gets to high ,well i was just doing that yesterday and i see a white pickup truck driving across it, it drives right up to me and this guy gets out and says i really dont want you on this field !! its private prop. so the argument started !! buddy first of all who are you i said ? he claims to be a person who is interested in buying the fields from the owner to start another vineyard in the area and hes also one of my neighbor,s he lives across from the field he said he had coffee with the owner this morning and told her i was there every morning in the field and due to insurance issues she dont want me in the field plus hes buying the field and next week hes going to plow it up ?? thats bull it takes years to buy property out here and get rights to build anything its all historic land , i just looked at him and said GREAT !! THATS EVEN BETTER AND I WILL BE BACK ! this issue is not over !!!! and by the way buddy your a lucky man i took my BP pills this morning because if a squadron of helicopters just flew over us ive been known to snap :laughing7: if that guy only knew who he was getting mad :( he just stood there pail white scratching his head as i walked away .By the way that helicopter thing ? on a very hot summers day if iam in a field by my self or a salt marsh and i hear those egg beaters flying over i get lite headed ::) personal thing i was in Vietnam 2 years beating the bush any Nam vets out there can relate to this ? All he had to do is say be careful out here and dont make a mess and be a nice guy but no he comes up with some stupid lame excuse hes a jerk .Then i told him what i found so far in the field a few old coins a very nice old buckle and a button he says iam stealing from the owner ? i said you jerk you never would of known whats in the field if i didnt dig it up you have no idea what you talking about and one more thing we dont need another vineyard out here there is over 50 now and half are up for sale because its a losing profit . Very pissed off Dd60

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Like i said in the beginning i asked permission and got it from the owner to hunt that field a lady the field just sits there over grown all year and now is time to hunt it before it gets to high ,well i was just doing that yesterday and i see a white pickup truck driving across it, it drives right up to me and this guy gets out and says i really dont want you on this field !! its private prop. so the argument started !! buddy first of all who are you i said ? he claims to be a person who is interested in buying the fields from the owner to start another vineyard in the area and hes also one of my neighbor,s he lives across from the field he said he had coffee with the owner this morning and told her i was there every morning in the field and due to insurance issues she dont want me in the field plus hes buying the field and next week hes going to plow it up ?? thats bull it takes years to buy property out here and get rights to build anything its all historic land , i just looked at him and said GREAT !! THATS EVEN BETTER AND I WILL BE BACK ! this issue is not over !!!! and by the way buddy your a lucky man i took my BP pills this morning because if a squadron of helicopters just flew over us ive been known to snap :laughing7: if that guy only knew who he was getting mad :( he just stood there pail white scratching his head as i walked away .By the way that helicopter thing ? on a very hot summers day if iam in a field by my self or a salt marsh and i hear those egg beaters flying over i get lite headed ::) personal thing i was in Vietnam 2 years beating the bush any Nam vets out there can relate to this ? All he had to do is say be careful out here and dont make a mess and be a nice guy but no he comes up with some stupid lame excuse hes a jerk . Very pissed off Dd60

Liability issues can rear there head over here, if spineless people want to cover their a*se. All you need to do is say you will sign a contract stating you will take full resposibility for any injury to self or others or land etc...

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Like i said in the beginning i asked permission and got it from the owner to hunt that field a lady the field just sits there over grown all year and now is time to hunt it before it gets to high ,well i was just doing that yesterday and i see a white pickup truck driving across it, it drives right up to me and this guy gets out and says i really dont want you on this field !! its private prop. so the argument started !! buddy first of all who are you i said ? he claims to be a person who is interested in buying the fields from the owner to start another vineyard in the area and hes also one of my neighbor,s he lives across from the field he said he had coffee with the owner this morning and told her i was there every morning in the field and due to insurance issues she dont want me in the field plus hes buying the field and next week hes going to plow it up ?? thats bull it takes years to buy property out here and get rights to build anything its all historic land , i just looked at him and said GREAT !! THATS EVEN BETTER AND I WILL BE BACK ! this issue is not over !!!! and by the way buddy your a lucky man i took my BP pills this morning because if a squadron of helicopters just flew over us ive been known to snap :laughing7: if that guy only knew who he was getting mad :( he just stood there pail white scratching his head as i walked away .By the way that helicopter thing ? on a very hot summers day if iam in a field by my self or a salt marsh and i hear those egg beaters flying over i get lite headed ::) personal thing i was in Vietnam 2 years beating the bush any Nam vets out there can relate to this ? All he had to do is say be careful out here and dont make a mess and be a nice guy but no he comes up with some stupid lame excuse hes a jerk . Very pissed off Dd60

Liability issues can rear there head over here, if spineless people want to cover their a*se. All you need to do is say you will sign a contract stating you will take full resposibility for any injury to self or others or land etc...
True i understand the liability issues i can ask, but its not like iam climbing Mt. Everest is just a very big open field i saw a red fox yesterday running across it ,its more afraid of me there is always night hunts and i can see like a cat at night :-X Dd60

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
CRUSADER said:
Deepdiger60 said:

True i understand the liability issues but its not like iam climbing Mt. Everest is just a very big open field i saw a red fox yesterday running across it ,its more afraid of me there is always night hunts :-X Dd60

I realise that, its the crazy culture we now live in. However, sometimes you need to do whatever the owner wants to get your hunts in. (however needless it is).
We have different agreements with every farmer & we now have many, hardly any are a like.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Deepdiger60 said:
CRUSADER said:
Deepdiger60 said:

True i understand the liability issues but its not like iam climbing Mt. Everest is just a very big open field i saw a red fox yesterday running across it ,its more afraid of me there is always night hunts :-X Dd60

I realise that, its the crazy culture we now live in. However, sometimes you need to do whatever the owner wants to get your hunts in. (however needless it is).
We have different agreements with every farmer & we now have many, hardly any are a like.
Next time i see him ill bring that up all i can do is ask Thanks :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread