General Washington Medals

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I finished work early and decided I would try and find a place to detect for the rest of the afternoon. I noticed a guy on a dozer at a farm that looked like it would hold some sites. I pulled in and asked him if he owned the farm? No but he knew who did. I went in search of the owner and after a doorknock, she said No. Went back down to the guy on the dozer and he was surprised when I said she said No. He said well I know of a place that you might be interested in, and I said , oh yeh ,where? He replied, by my deerstand. I said well where's that? He told me and I was off like a Prom Dress. I drove 5 miles and went in. He told me it was a log cabin with a stone fireplace. And it was. Hill Billy Hunting 008.jpg
I spent an hour or so around this place and wasn't finding much other than zinc mason lids and a flat button, and aluminum and the silver plated compact cover. Well it was hot and I wasn't feeling so good about this site due to all the trash. I decided it was time to leave and maybe come back another time. As I walked a half mile back to my truck, I noticed mud brick and pottery and glass everywhere. I turned on the ole XLT and started swinging. Boom, flat button, then all kinds of brass hinges. A little while later I dug what I thought was an IH penny. Another two piece button followed and some other things.
When I got home and started cleaning the buttons one was a decorative floral flat and the other had some design on it. The two piece is a cool one, not sure who it is on there. The IH turned out to be a General Washington Medals Token. Had a great, hunt hope you do too.

http://www.coins.nd.edu/WashToken/WashTokenText/1850-59b2.html

Attachments

• Hill Billy Hunting 001.jpg
    Hill Billy Hunting 001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 783
  • Hill Billy Hunting 004.jpg
    Hill Billy Hunting 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 773
  • Hill Billy Hunting 005.jpg
    Hill Billy Hunting 005.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 780
  • Hill Billy Hunting 006.jpg
    Hill Billy Hunting 006.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 774
  • Hill Billy Hunting 007.jpg
    Hill Billy Hunting 007.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell ya, it's that lucky corn cob pipe!

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Off like a prom dress. :D

Now that's fast. 8)

Good hunt HB. :thumbsup:

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
I need to call avis!
Man your on fire.
If I come up you'll need to give the Tejon a head start.
Newt

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
You are diggin' some cool stuff across the creek from me. :icon_thumleft: That token is cool. The little floral pattern button is similar to the button I dug at the Mill site Saturday. Mine has a back mark that says "RICH GOLD COLOUR" Too bad you couldn't dig with us. We'll get out one of these days I guess. I think that cabin with the stone fireplace has some goodies to give up after you get the trash out of the way.

HH!! :hello:
Cm2db

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sniffy said:
I tell ya, it's that lucky corn cob pipe!
No corn cob pipe here sniffy, going back Friday for some more.
RPG said:
Off like a prom dress. :D

Now that's fast. 8)

Good hunt HB. :thumbsup:
You should have seen me go, thanks.
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
That token is WAY better that an Indian Head Cent :headbang:
This is the first that I have ever seen :headbang:

VPR
This is the first one I've seen too. I like it :thumbsup:
Newt said:
I need to call avis!
Man your on fire.
If I come up you'll need to give the Tejon a head start.
Newt
Call Avis, you can come hunt with me anytime.
coinmaster2db said:
You are diggin' some cool stuff across the creek from me. :icon_thumleft: That token is cool. The little floral pattern button is similar to the button I dug at the Mill site Saturday. Mine has a back mark that says "RICH GOLD COLOUR" Too bad you couldn't dig with us. We'll get out one of these days I guess. I think that cabin with the stone fireplace has some goodies to give up after you get the trash out of the way.

HH!! :hello:
Cm2db
You are digging some good stuff on the other side as well. The farmer sprayed his fields yesterday causing me to leave. Hopefully on Fr some of the weeds will be dead and make for some easier swinging. There's alot of trash around the old cabin. The second site I stumbled on is the one I wanna get back on.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More good finds HB! No help on the figure on the button, lol, not even sure of guy or gal ??? The GW Token is a very nice find, have to reread the ND info, but if I read correctly it is around CW to Post CW time frame. Don't think I have seen one posted before so congrats on somehting new.....

Don

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet lock thing!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds and glad to see you out swinging :hello2:. Hopefully very soon I can tryout my New machine and make some hunts with ya.

Bill

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's that Aunt Jamima Looking token? Cool...Aunt Jamima holding her Chinese hand fan-LOL! :laughing7: :headbang: That hinge assortment is cool--looks like the one with keyhole has a knocker below the keyhole. Cool and ornate to say the least. CONGRATS TO YA! :headbang:
:headbang: :laughing7: :thumbsup: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions