Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we got out again this weekend, and this time with a good old friend, who actually was the one solely responsible for getting me into the hobby back when I was in around 8th grade. I can't believe it was that long ago.
But this was a site that Dan discovered not long ago, and we've all found some keepers here, and this hunt was no exception. Here's some of my finds (this is not the hunt "where it all began 10 years ago", the next one is).

dfxA-2.jpg

dfxB-2.jpg

1923 merc – great detail
dfxE-2.jpg

dfxF-2.jpg

dfxG-2.jpg

And then I did another just-for-the-sake-of-it hunt the next day. Except this was at one of the very first sites we've metal detected at...in fact, this is where I spent LOTS of time way back in those good old summers getting dropped off to hunt for a few hours cause it was way before I had my license, and a cell phone. And I only had the Classic III at this point, but it's where I learned how to use that one and then the DFX once we got that. Also played baseball here on a Little League team in 7th grade. Endless memories from this site.
Anyway, enough reminiscing. Basically, I just walked right into a silver rosie in the middle of an area that I've stomped on for over 10 years. I wasn't even planning on being here but was forced to due to other people's activities in my intended area. A bit later, found the thin silver ring that rang like a pulltab. Then I was on my way out when I dug a weird signal. I was about to cover up the hole and give up, but the probe sang in the side of my hole. A little iron must have thrown my pinpointing off and made the signal weird, plus the coin might've been tilted a little, but it turned out to be another 1923 merc, this time worn but still not bad. I couldn't believe I just had a 2 silver day at this place where I learned how to metal detect 10 years ago.

dfxC-2.jpg

dfxD-2.jpg

Take care guys!

Upvote 0

Dan32981

Nov 11, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds mand, that dime is in awesome shape, tons of detail. Happy Dirt Fishing!

-Dan

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Good time you had with the founding influence of the hobby. Priceless. Since you found the Jr. Policemans badge you now have the authority to detect anywhere you want. ;D
Chris

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that was a nice day of hunting!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Good time you had with the founding influence of the hobby. Priceless. Since you found the Jr. Policemans badge you now have the authority to detect anywhere you want. ;D
Chris

Oh good. I could make use of that. ;D
Thanks yall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions