Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found Men's Wedding Ring!

This past weekend I went to a motorcycle rally out at Camp Wood, Texas. Way out in the boonies in the middle of no where. I always bring my detector with me everywhere I go when I go to the motorcycle rallies. The place I was at was at a RV campground and the Nueses River runs next to it across the street. While there were not rally many bikers there, I decided to take my metal detector and detect around the river where people swim. The water was so clear and you could see clearly all the way down to 15 feet to the bottom in some spots.

I took my detector and scanned some of the beach side and found $2.89 in change and then some shallow areas about a foot deep in the river. I found a mans wedding ring in the shallow water. Here are some pictures. It is a 10K gold ring with 3 diamonds in it. I wanted to detect pretty much the whole weekend, but I had work to do and money to make. I plan on going back down there again sometime before the summer ends.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,100
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1,092
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,089
Upvote 0

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found Men's Wedding Ring!

Nice ring! Congrats!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet !! :headbang:

10k the diamonds are likely CZ. ::) You'll find real diamonds in 14k or higher most the time. :icon_thumleft:

Nice ring, good hunting !! :D ;D

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:

10k the diamonds are likely CZ. ::) You'll find real diamonds in 14k or higher most the time. :icon_thumleft:

WOW, i didn't know that! I guess the only way now is to bring it to a jewler and have them look at it. Thanks for the info. Once I find out, I will update. If they are CZ, at least I got some gold!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been out to camp wood lots of times, my buddies mom lives there and he has a ranch going up towards rock springs. Nice job.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008

My husband's diamond wedding ring is 10K. It's a harder alloy than 12 or 14K. So it's better for something that's going to get banged around a lot.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice WTG :icon_thumleft:

swent1

May 17, 2007
NH/MASS
Detector(s) used
tesoro deleon whites idx pro

nothings better than gold at the bottom of the hole :icon_thumleft:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHarleyMan2 said:
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:

WOW, i didn't know that! I guess the only way now is to bring it to a jeweller and have them look at it. Thanks for the info. Once I find out, I will update. If they are CZ, at least I got some gold!

Could be real, but in general the 10K are CZ. ::) I don't want to crash your party but.... :icon_scratch: I think people should know what they are finding and what they are buying or selling. :icon_thumleft: Though sometimes its like telling people their loved ones died. :dontknow: :( For that I'm sorry, but I just think people should know. :headbang: Lots of junk out there and its important to know what you can. :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

You scare me dude!

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

claire said:
If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

You scare me dude!

Everyone has an opinion and besides, what does that have to do with MY POST?

tentpegs

Oct 15, 2006
spain
Detector(s) used
ex 1000 surfmaster pi

I live in Spain and most of my rings are 18crt i have only found 6 with diamonds the rest were cz. So i dont think the carret counts much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread