1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hidden!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been 1 year and 1 day since I found the 5 and 3/4 pound silver cache buried in a clay flower pot last year ! After finding and posting the cache I found last year, quite a few of you made comments to the effect that there were likely more caches to be found nearby, Contending that, A person who uses the ground as a bank rarely puts all his eggs in 1 basket just in case someone finds 1 they will not go bust ! I Thought the same way ! In the past year I had returned looking for more buried caches at least 15 times. Most of those hunts at least 4 hours ! I would usually find a few small keepers so the hunt was never really boring ! There is nary a signal left in a 100 yard circle of the old cache ! The last theory I had left to other possible hiding places was that my first cache was a fence post cache and that perhaps there was at one time a fence bordering the field I had been hunting even though there was no evidence of a fence left ! I had pursued this theory on the last 4 hunts and had found no sign of a ground bank or a fence ! I had covered nearly all the field line and still only the occasional keeper ! I had started at the top of the field and worked my way down the line for two days ,nothing ! When I returned I Parked and started at the bottom of the field and worked up the line 2 more trips and nothing ! In the back of my mind I noted that my up and down hunts on the line I predicated was there had never overlapped . These Past hunts I am commenting on took place over the course of last year on random dates ! Today I decided to cover the small middle piece of the line I had not been over ! It tuned out to be about a 10 yard strip which I had not been over yet ! The rest of the line I had put a coil over twice! Well It paid me off to finish the theory search work I had laid out for myself l I found cache # 2 today ! 1 year and 1 day after the first ! It is a lot smaller ! $ 14.00 face value in silver ! 20 walking Liberties , 10 washington Quarters , 14 Mercs and 1 1946 Rosie ! The first find I made Today was what I believe is the front piece of a Ladies fashion buckle or perhaps the front of a broach ! With a good sized ruby looking stone ! This nice looking Relic piece really sharpened my senses and I was lost in the zone ! Next I picked up a wheatie ! Good sign I thought to my self maybe I will pick up a silver ! 2 feet from the penny a big overload signal ! Well it doesn't discrim out so I dig ! Not very deep 2 inches from the top pieces of a small clear glass bottle come up out of the ground ! I rescaned the hole figuring the bottle top must be the overload ! I reach in with my hand to feel around for the cover and came out with a small handful of silver !! I had found Cache # 2 . HORRAY ! I Knewr better than to leave the glass bottle in the ground this time ! MaineRelic

Date Found:xxxxxxxx
Location Found:xxxxxxxx
Value:xxxxxxxx
Description:xxxxxxxx
Detector Used:xxxxxxxx
Comments:xxxxxxxx

Attachments

• IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 7,148
  • IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 7,152
  • IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 7,125
  • IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 7,122
  • IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 7,129
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 6,860
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 6,871
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 6,890
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 6,809
  • IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 6,754
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 6,746
Upvote 24

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Hey MaineRelic,that is astounding!!!Not one but two cache's in a little over a year.I keep telling myself that there's one out there for me too.I do alot of foundation hunting and I mean alot but I never really look for fence lines and I know about posthole banks.So thank you for this post its got me thinking.Congratulations on a VERY well deserved banner seat!!!Hopefully we can meet up someday for a hunt.WTG, Bootstrap :icon_pirat:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome treasure ....congrats !! :o :o :o :o :o :o

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on another awesome find and the Banner !!! UNBELIEVABLE :headbang:

TommNJ

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW thats alot of Silver! Congrats on finding a cache! I'd been super happy to find all those Walking Liberties! :icon_thumleft: :wink: That's probably my favorite modern U.S. coin :icon_thumleft:

Shadowmanflash

Jul 4, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150 & 250
Hey Mainerelic, what an awesome cache find and it's #2 for you, that in itself would make this a Banner in my books. One is hard enough but two, there is definatley a third in your future, congrats on the finds and the Banner, keep them coming, Ken.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Wow,

That is awesome man. Big congrats to you for your persistence. What a great site. Thanks alot for sharing the real dug photos. There is no doubt that was an authentic cache. Hopefully I'll find a gold coin cache here someday.

HH Jer

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Cache find. I would vote Banner, but I see it made the Banner. Get some kite string and run a string line from the first cache site to the second cache. If it was a fence post bank cache, you may find another one.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
If this post doesn't provide some real encouragement, I don't know what would.......................

Congrats

Diggem'

KEVTEC

Apr 19, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V-3 upgraded to V3I W/ SEF 15X12 Butterfly coil, White's Vision upgraded to V3I W 12 in coil, Minelab Excaliber II, Minelab E Trac, Minelab GPX 5000, Discovery TF 900 2 box, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Excellant find to say the least. I have been a reader of this magazine for many yrs and finally decided to join the forums. :thumbsup: I never really thought about sharing my finds until I started to read the online forums. I always just kept it to myself, until recently I submitted my large finds to the editor in November and from what they told me It could possibly be on the front cover of the next issue. Just wanted to say congrads on being persistant and finding your cache.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unreal, very cool story. Keep going back! I can't wait to find anything even close to that! I remember the first cache you found, can't beleive it's been a year.

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look Look and Look some more , It always pays. Great work!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread