1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hidden!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been 1 year and 1 day since I found the 5 and 3/4 pound silver cache buried in a clay flower pot last year ! After finding and posting the cache I found last year, quite a few of you made comments to the effect that there were likely more caches to be found nearby, Contending that, A person who uses the ground as a bank rarely puts all his eggs in 1 basket just in case someone finds 1 they will not go bust ! I Thought the same way ! In the past year I had returned looking for more buried caches at least 15 times. Most of those hunts at least 4 hours ! I would usually find a few small keepers so the hunt was never really boring ! There is nary a signal left in a 100 yard circle of the old cache ! The last theory I had left to other possible hiding places was that my first cache was a fence post cache and that perhaps there was at one time a fence bordering the field I had been hunting even though there was no evidence of a fence left ! I had pursued this theory on the last 4 hunts and had found no sign of a ground bank or a fence ! I had covered nearly all the field line and still only the occasional keeper ! I had started at the top of the field and worked my way down the line for two days ,nothing ! When I returned I Parked and started at the bottom of the field and worked up the line 2 more trips and nothing ! In the back of my mind I noted that my up and down hunts on the line I predicated was there had never overlapped . These Past hunts I am commenting on took place over the course of last year on random dates ! Today I decided to cover the small middle piece of the line I had not been over ! It tuned out to be about a 10 yard strip which I had not been over yet ! The rest of the line I had put a coil over twice! Well It paid me off to finish the theory search work I had laid out for myself l I found cache # 2 today ! 1 year and 1 day after the first ! It is a lot smaller ! $ 14.00 face value in silver ! 20 walking Liberties , 10 washington Quarters , 14 Mercs and 1 1946 Rosie ! The first find I made Today was what I believe is the front piece of a Ladies fashion buckle or perhaps the front of a broach ! With a good sized ruby looking stone ! This nice looking Relic piece really sharpened my senses and I was lost in the zone ! Next I picked up a wheatie ! Good sign I thought to my self maybe I will pick up a silver ! 2 feet from the penny a big overload signal ! Well it doesn't discrim out so I dig ! Not very deep 2 inches from the top pieces of a small clear glass bottle come up out of the ground ! I rescaned the hole figuring the bottle top must be the overload ! I reach in with my hand to feel around for the cover and came out with a small handful of silver !! I had found Cache # 2 . HORRAY ! I Knewr better than to leave the glass bottle in the ground this time ! MaineRelic

Date Found:xxxxxxxx
Location Found:xxxxxxxx
Value:xxxxxxxx
Description:xxxxxxxx
Detector Used:xxxxxxxx
Comments:xxxxxxxx

Attachments

• IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 7,147
  • IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 7,151
  • IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 7,124
  • IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 7,121
  • IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 7,128
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 6,859
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 6,870
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 6,889
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 6,808
  • IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 6,753
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 6,745
Upvote 24

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Great find and way to snif it out! Congrats!!!!!!!! Hogge :notworthy:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a great find.. Thanks for sharing

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hid

It paid off! Great job! Please show us what it all looks like cleaned, especially the piece with the stone.

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, I would love to find 1 cache and you have found 2. Let me be the first to say BANNER!!! :notworthy: :hello2: :hello:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Man that is sweet! Looks like you have a killer site, nice persistence, now go find another! lol

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are killin me here. Congrats buddy on another great find! I say banner. :thumbsup:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Banner all the way. A lifetime of halves in one hole. Just fantastic.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be nice to see those glorious coins cleaned up and re-photographed.

WTG

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Exciting finds, and a well thought out hunt.
Were there any better dates in the group?
Still a couple of hundred dollars worth of silver there.
Congratulations, Thanks for sharing !
Phil

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Re: 1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hid

Great job!!! Congratulations!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a picture of them cleaned up ? ??? We would love to see them cleaned up if not and any key date walkers or Merck's? :headbang:

Again outstanding !! :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread