Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hidden!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2008
    MAINE
    Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
    739 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)

1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hidden!

It has been 1 year and 1 day since I found the 5 and 3/4 pound silver cache buried in a clay flower pot last year ! After finding and posting the cache I found last year, quite a few of you made comments to the effect that there were likely more caches to be found nearby, Contending that, A person who uses the ground as a bank rarely puts all his eggs in 1 basket just in case someone finds 1 they will not go bust ! I Thought the same way ! In the past year I had returned looking for more buried caches at least 15 times. Most of those hunts at least 4 hours ! I would usually find a few small keepers so the hunt was never really boring ! There is nary a signal left in a 100 yard circle of the old cache ! The last theory I had left to other possible hiding places was that my first cache was a fence post cache and that perhaps there was at one time a fence bordering the field I had been hunting even though there was no evidence of a fence left ! I had pursued this theory on the last 4 hunts and had found no sign of a ground bank or a fence ! I had covered nearly all the field line and still only the occasional keeper ! I had started at the top of the field and worked my way down the line for two days ,nothing ! When I returned I Parked and started at the bottom of the field and worked up the line 2 more trips and nothing ! In the back of my mind I noted that my up and down hunts on the line I predicated was there had never overlapped . These Past hunts I am commenting on took place over the course of last year on random dates ! Today I decided to cover the small middle piece of the line I had not been over ! It tuned out to be about a 10 yard strip which I had not been over yet ! The rest of the line I had put a coil over twice! Well It paid me off to finish the theory search work I had laid out for myself l I found cache # 2 today ! 1 year and 1 day after the first ! It is a lot smaller ! $ 14.00 face value in silver ! 20 walking Liberties , 10 washington Quarters , 14 Mercs and 1 1946 Rosie ! The first find I made Today was what I believe is the front piece of a Ladies fashion buckle or perhaps the front of a broach ! With a good sized ruby looking stone ! This nice looking Relic piece really sharpened my senses and I was lost in the zone ! Next I picked up a wheatie ! Good sign I thought to my self maybe I will pick up a silver ! 2 feet from the penny a big overload signal ! Well it doesn't discrim out so I dig ! Not very deep 2 inches from the top pieces of a small clear glass bottle come up out of the ground ! I rescaned the hole figuring the bottle top must be the overload ! I reach in with my hand to feel around for the cover and came out with a small handful of silver !! I had found Cache # 2 . HORRAY ! I Knewr better than to leave the glass bottle in the ground this time ! MaineRelic

Date Found:xxxxxxxx
    Location Found:xxxxxxxx
    Value:xxxxxxxx
    Description:xxxxxxxx
    Detector Used:xxxxxxxx
    Comments:xxxxxxxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0839.JPG 
Views:	6821 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	399456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0837.JPG 
Views:	6827 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	399457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0838.JPG 
Views:	6823 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	399458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0841.JPG 
Views:	6810 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	399459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0840.JPG 
Views:	6811 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	399460  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0845.JPG 
Views:	6536 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	399531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0842.JPG 
Views:	6543 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	399532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0846.JPG 
Views:	6545 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	399533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0847.JPG 
Views:	6508 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	399534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0849.JPG 
Views:	6462 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	399535  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0852.JPG 
Views:	6459 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	399536  
    chakra22 and wheatfinder13 like this.

Re: 1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hidden!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Great find and way to snif it out! Congrats!!!!!!!! Hogge
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

us
    Dec 2007
    Texas, Old River Winfree
    Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
    101 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: 1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hidden!

Congrats on a great find.. Thanks for sharing

us
    Nov 2008
    North Texas
    Ace 250, AT Pro
    146 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: 1 Year 1 Day later I am still a believer ! There are still silver Caches Hid

It paid off! Great job! Please show us what it all looks like cleaned, especially the piece with the stone.

us
    MUD(S.W.A.T)

Apr 2005
    I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    700 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Outstanding Job !!!

Keep @ it and HH !!
    TAG: MUD(S.W.A.T)
    GEAR: Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    EXPERIENCE: About 9 Years
    E-MAIL: mudswat1979@yahoo.com
    "Where you find Silver, you should find Gold."

May 2008
    202 times

Great hunt and great story !

us
    Nov 2007
    Kingsport, TN
    Minelab Etrac, Ace 250, Minelab Excal II
    24 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Awesome, I would love to find 1 cache and you have found 2. Let me be the first to say BANNER!!!

us
    Sep 2005
    Issaquah, washington
    Whites DFX
    2 times

Man that is sweet! Looks like you have a killer site, nice persistence, now go find another! lol

BooYeah!
    If the elevator tries to bring you down, go crazy, punch a higher floor!

May 2008
    Connecticut
    Sand Shark
    26 times

Man, great resolve. Next, you will find your third.....

us
    Feb 2009
    schuylkill county pa.
    whites xlt,vx3
    192 times

awesome finds...

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    8 times
    Banner Finds (1)

You are killin me here. Congrats buddy on another great find! I say banner.

Mar 2003
    Illinois
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro - Fisher CZ 5
    169 times

Thats just crazy cool. A cache is still on my want list.

us
    VAN RIPER

Dec 2005
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Whites DFX 300
    19 times

your !!@# me? awesome! I vote Banner. Caches are hard to come by

us
    Building my empire one Shiny at a time

Dec 2007
    Tacoma, Wa.
    Whites MXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    3 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Banner all the way. A lifetime of halves in one hole. Just fantastic.

JuJu
    Thats gonna itch when it dries.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links