Saturdays Treasure Hunt, CW relics and GOLD!!

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Saturday's Treasure Hunt, CW relics and GOLD!!

Saturday I took a ride without the intention of metal detecting. I rode up to the coin shop and chatted with the owner for a while, drooled over the gold coins, stopped by the park and wanted to detect but too many ppl around. I decided to go home and do some work around the house , but never made it. On the way home I drove by a farm that is adjacent to a CW battlefield where I have permission to hunt and the lady was having a yard sale. I browsed around her sale and asked her if she had any CW stuff. She said she had a "spear" that goes on the end of a gun that was found on the farm (bayonette). She wasnt sure where it was but would try to find it for next time I came around to hunt the property. I asked her if i could hunt the property today and she said " sure". I headed out back and started hunting. I hunted 2 or 3 hrs and found a shell fragment, a piece of grape shot , a Gardner bullet, a 3-ringer bullet , 2 pieces of case shot, and a piece of lead? that may be part of a timed fuse?
After hunting , I had some lunch and in the late afternoon , i headed to the country auction. I bought 2 boxes of costume jewelry for a total of $45. I picked thru the jewelry ( lots of watches, braclets and earrings) and found 2 heavy necklaces marked 14k on the clasps and 3 earrings marked 10k. The necklaces weigh a total of 91.5 grams...wooo hoooo!!!...I'll have them acid tested later this week.
Thanx for looking and HH y'all

Attachments

• DSC00035.JPG
    DSC00035.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 419
  • DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC00033.JPG
    DSC00033.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Saturday's Treasure Hunt, CW relics and GOLD!!

Looks like you had a great day! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread