My season is now officially open!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Hello everyone!

It's been a loooong winter! We had the snowiest and coldest winter in 40 years or so! But finally it's over, and it was time to put some fresh batteries in my E-Trac, and go out hunting. :hello2:

Actually today was my second time out, but the first time was only a quick warm up, so that doesn't count. ;D So, first we headed to a small field with my buddy. The place was almost empty. Nearly no signals at all, so we decided to go to our usual lake beach to do some coin shooting and to hopefully find some jewelry...

We have hit the place many, many, many times, but it always gives something nice. No place is ever hunted out they say, and that's very true. I started swinging near the bushes that surround the grassy area, and 10-15 minutes and some old coins later I had a nice possible silver reading on the E-Trac. I dug, and out popped my first silver ring of the season! Wohooo, I had been waiting that moment for six months, so it was nice to see some silver in the dirt. I bet everyone of you know the feeling! :headbang:

After that my buddy yelled me that he found a broken in half ring, and when I saw it, I instantly remembered digging up the other half of it a year ago. It was my first piece of silver last season, and now my buddy found the other half of it, also his first silver this year. That was a funny coincidence :D

It was a short hunt today, about two hours, but it was a nice start, and gave us the fix we needed after the long winter!

€4.10 ($5.54) this time + a few usual old useless markka coins.

Attachments

• Ring in dirt.jpg
    Ring in dirt.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 301
Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring :icon_thumleft: i bet its good to get out i think we all had a long cold winter this time Good hunt dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread