The Rain is Over - Volleyball Court Gives It Up

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit one of my favorite Volleyball courts today after work. Got heavy business before the last 3 days of rain and no one has detected it since. I think I have the monopoly on this one !!! Small amount of clad, lots of pull tabs..and Silver !!! And I just knew this major BLING wasn't real, couldn't be !! could it ??? Got home and immediately hit it with the diamond tester .....NOPE !!! Not even a mark on it..but it's really really heavy !! Guessing its .925 with about a 4 or 5 carat CZ and Silver ear ring. A great hour hunt !! Feels great to find something good for a change

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Attachments

• SilverFinds4-19-10.jpg
    SilverFinds4-19-10.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 831
Upvote 0

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The Rain is Over - Volleyball Court Gives It Up !! Finally !!

I don't usually have much luck in Volleyball courts, but that is where I found my one and only gold ring. Good job!

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I haven't had any luck in volleyball courts either. I think the ones near me are hunted all the time. By the way, how long does it take you to detect an entire volleyball court?

OP
OP
rockyredbaron

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mts said:
I haven't had any luck in volleyball courts either. I think the ones near me are hunted all the time. By the way, how long does it take you to detect an entire volleyball court?

Depends on the number of courts..I usually look for those with at least two or more. I go quite slow and overlap my swings to make sure I don't miss anything.
On a good day about an hour or maybe longer. The multiple ones - 2-3 hours. And I dig and scoop everything.

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice silver earring ! :icon_thumleft:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rockyredbaron said:
mts said:

Depends on the number of courts..I usually look for those with at least two or more. I go quite slow and overlap my swings to make sure I don't miss anything.
On a good day about an hour or maybe longer. The multiple ones - 2-3 hours. And I dig and scoop everything.

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Thanks. I take about an hour per court too as I try to take it slowly. It's good to know that I'm in the same basic range that you are. Now I just need to get out there before everyone else does. :wink:

OP
OP
rockyredbaron

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mts said:
rockyredbaron said:
mts said:

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Thanks. I take about an hour per court too as I try to take it slowly. It's good to know that I'm in the same basic range that you are. Now I just need to get out there before everyone else does. :wink:

That's the key !!! Beat the rest of the treasure hunters !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread