Didnt quite make it - Silver #47

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Didn't quite make it - Silver #47

This is a bit late as I've been busy hunting some Spanish era sites, more to follow from that endeavor :happy1:

Last Tuesday was my last day to make my stretch goal of 50 silver coins between club meetings, and I thought I'd try a new spot that day. It was an old observation tower built in the early 1940's, with a great view of the entire SF bay. It was about two miles STRAIGHT up hill (nothing tells you your out of shape better then hiking two miles straight up a hill :tongue3: ). Up until the 1960's one could drive to this spot, and there was a little picnic area next to the observation tower. Since the road was closed in the 60's it's only been open to biking and pedestrian traffic, so I thought it would be a great place to detect and surely had to be loaded with silver :violent1:

Unfortunately it's definitely been well detected. I found one lone squeaker, a 1964 silver Roosevelt dime, an ample supply of clad and two rings. Oddly both rings were in the same hole, and one is about the most ugly ring I've seen, it looks like an upside down helmet on a ring, and I don't think it's even silver, perhaps nickel or some other craptastic metal (no marks). The other ring is a honker, it's a sterling silver skull with a stone mounted in the temple, and it weights in about 2/3 of a troy ounce.

I missed my stretch goal of 50 silver coins between club meetings, but I doubt I'll top 47 silver coins in a month for a long time (if I count silver jewelery and sterling flatware finds, I exceeded 50 silvers in a month :thumbsup: ).

Here's the goods:

04-13-10-finds.jpg

04-13-10-SterlingSkullRing.jpg

04-13-10-SterlingSkullRingMark.jpg

Thanks for looking and HH,
Brian

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions