Silver Quarter in Asphalt, cool.........

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil
Hunted a local drive in theatre that closed 6 or 7 years ago, Ive been hunting it lately with my 6" excelerator coil and what a difference it has made, pulled several silvers out of there over the last few weeks. But this one in the most memorable one yet. I parked my truck walked about 20 feet turned in the detector and the first signal i get is a 11-46 (quarter) but its under the asphalt, oh well dig it anyway. Every dime signal i have ever had at this place that is under the asphalt is silver so i figured i had a pretty good chance that it was going to be silver, and sure enough it was. A silver quarter about 8 inches down embedded in asphalt. Wow ive dug numerous silver dimes that from this place in asphalt but never a quarter. Two feet away i dug a 45-s merc, it was under the asphalt no in the asphalt but has a severe case of road rash. My dad ILseeker hunted with me for a few, and managed to pull 2 silvers from the same place. He's whoopin me on silver count this year 27-22, but ill catch him i always do.......

Attachments

• quarterasphalt.JPG
    quarterasphalt.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 946
  • merc and quarter.JPG
    merc and quarter.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 954
Upvote 0

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corinth1812 said:
Hunted a local drive in theatre that closed 6 or 7 years ago, Ive been hunting it lately with my 6" excelerator coil and what a difference it has made, pulled several silvers out of there over the last few weeks. But this one in the most memorable one yet. I parked my truck walked about 20 feet turned in the detector and the first signal i get is a 11-46 (quarter) but its under the asphalt, oh well dig it anyway. Every dime signal i have ever had at this place that is under the asphalt is silver so i figured i had a pretty good chance that it was going to be silver, and sure enough it was. A silver quarter about 8 inches down embedded in asphalt. Wow ive dug numerous silver dimes that from this place in asphalt but never a quarter. Two feet away i dug a 45-s merc, it was under the asphalt no in the asphalt but has a severe case of road rash. My dad ILseeker hunted with me for a few, and managed to pull 2 silvers from the same place. He's whoopin me on silver count this year 27-22, but ill catch him i always do.......

Great hunt guys. That is a super cool quarter.

You guys should check out the Illinois section of the forum and join us in the silver count in illinois.

Sim_Player

Jan 12, 2010
Camano Island, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Tesoro Cutlass2
What abbreviation do the the Coin Grading Services use for "Stuck in Asphalt?"

That's some hard digging!!!

Jim on Camano

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
OMG wow now i have seen it all.
How did ya dig that one? Jack Hammer?

Cool find

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I hear a boast in there? "I always do". Go Dad Go!!! That is some hard digging congratulations to the both of you. HHHH

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can u tell what kind of quarter? washington? SLQ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread