WOOHOO! scored a gold coin!!!!!!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
What a day!!!!!! I had a few chores to do this morning and then had a few minutes to get out with the trusty minelab, and boy what a few minutes! I had been out the evening before and had dug a real interesting ring that is like a minature mosaic, I think its one of the most interesting things I have ever dug. Shortly after that I was hitting an area that I have beat up real hard and was working tight to a tree when I got a very ugly 1904 barber dime, but any silver is good silver :D So this afternoon I decided to hit a spot that had produced alot of older coins for me and work real tight to all the trees there. after about 15 minutes of nothing I got a signal that was cross between a twist off top off a 40 ouncer and an indian head penny. Since I had'nt done alot of digging I decided to give it a shot. I cut my plug and flipped the top over and instantly saw the gold in the hole, my first thought was "its a gold colored twist off top :( I reached in a as I grabbed the object the soil falls off the coin and I see a liberty head and then the hands start shaking! I let out a Yehhhaaaaaa! so loud a young couple that was taking a walk in the park came running thinking I had hurt myself lol. After explaining what had happened and showing off my prize I grabbed the minelab and off to the house I run! This is by far the best coin I have ever dug and I am sure the pics do it no justice as everyone including myself that has seen it agrees that it is flawless and looks as if it just came from the mint. It ends up its a 1899 five dollar gold piece with S mint mark! In this condition I know its gotta be a real winner! I told everyone that this was the year I would find the gold coin and I guess now I finally did it, man I am on cloud nine

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• mosaic ring.jpg
    mosaic ring.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5,964
  • barber 1.jpg
    barber 1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 5,925
  • barber obverse.jpg
    barber obverse.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 5,892
  • gold coin 1.jpg
    gold coin 1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5,924
  • gold coin obverse.jpg
    gold coin obverse.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 5,939
Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on the banner and gold coin !!! :hello:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
of coutse he had to go home right away --needed to change his pants. :wink:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smashing find, Jack!! :occasion14: What a beauty! Congrats on the Banner and the neat mosaic ring as well. :headbang:

HH

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHOO HOO IS RIGHT! I would vote banner but you are already there. You are so right everyone who picks up a detector is hoping to find "GOLD"! Only you did it. Enjoy the warm feeling each time that you look at it and hold it. This is mostly a once in a life time find. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! HHHH

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
That's a beautiful find :o

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Thanks for putting a Gold touch on the Banner. Looks good up there! HUGE congrats on that coin. Now get back to that site and find another one!!!!!!

TG

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WooHoo is definitely right :headbang: Congrats on THE BANNER!
Now how are you going to top that find? ;D

Mike

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you were only out for a few minutes...What an hourly that is. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread