OP
OP
C

chevync

any info or value would be nice..thanks

johnz

N

Newline

Try the coin board here. Those guys seem to know about misstamps and oddball coins. I asked them about a nickel I have and they helped me without a picture. I'm sure if you post this picture below in that forum they will be able to tell you about value, rarity, etc.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Well, I searched completed eBay auctions and by far the most common error on these seems to be a "cud" error, in which an extra blob of material was attached to the back of the coin... other than that a couple of die crack errors. But nothing like yours. Not being a "coin guy", I can't help much further. I hope its a rare one though!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find chevy,hope there's more out there.Keep us posted when you find something about it.Congrat's and HH!!

OP
OP
C

chevync

thanks for all of the comments, especially the one about the vanishing liberty, your not far from the truth..lol Ive searched other forums, ebay, google, and yahoo with no luck, im going to try and find a local coin dealer here in NC and see what kind of info I can find about this coin...

thanks
john

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
It's hard to tell from the pic but it does not look like a die error. It looks more like some foreign material (e.g., grease) got in between the planchet and the die and prevented the full impression from being formed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread