shotshell

Weazel

Jan 26, 2006
Covington, GA
Sorry I don't have a pic. I was going through the woods here at home (200 acres) in a coupla spots that looked promising. only found a shotshell brass. I had never seen a piece of brass for a shotgun so long and did a little research and found out that the brass was made between 1887 and 1916. I thought it was pretty cool, and here is the best website I found on shotgun cartrage headstamps. http://members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm I say this one is the best because it has more pictures of the stamps than other sites. I hope the info on this sight helps some of you identify your shell finds too...

Happy huntin.
Weazel

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks Weasel...that is a good site....will add to favorites.....did you find anything under those Holly trees yet ??? :)

S

southbound

Thanks Weazel for the great site.Sounds like you have a lot of ground to cover.Good luck. Vern :)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds like a great find...must be a big piece of brass. Thanks for the site!

HH!
TBGO

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Great site for identification, a keeper indeed. Thank you and best of luck hunting those woods.

OP
OP
W

Weazel

Jan 26, 2006
Covington, GA
The brass itself is an inch long. the headstamp is R.H.A.CO on the bottom and AUTOMATIC on the top so it's a Robin Hood Arms Company shot shell. the company was bought out by remington in 1916.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread