My 1st reale pocket spill and us buckle! and and and !!

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend has been telling me for 15 years about this old french ship that had supposedly run aground and got stuck there and roted away, (he was told this years ago by some old timer that said he went poking around the ballast stones and found some French pottery jugs).
We finaly got around to checking out if there was even a pile of stones there, and sure enough there was.
The incomming tide kept us from detecting around the stones but the shoreline held some nice stuff!
We detected around and found some treasures, some of it seems out of place, this site will be hit slow and hard and will hopefully give me some clue as to what has gone on there.
the 3 coins were a pocket spill or were lost in a pouch, you can tell they sat right next to each other for a long time!!
the us buckle was found less than 10 feet from the 3 coins and the Asian coin was about 50 feet away from them
the 3 coins are
1803 liberty 50 cent (bigest coin)
1781 2 reale (middle sized coin)-
1774 1 reale ??? (smallest coin)
the one with the whole in it? i Have no idea any guesses? UPDATE*** the what is it fourm helped me id it as a Chien-Lung minted 1736-1796

I never thought i would fine a reale or a us buckle in Washington State!
im still in aww.
ids on anything ar welcome.

and befor you all yell at me for cleaning my coins!!!! i already feel bad so theres no point in kicking a dead horse!

Attachments

• STACKED.JPG
    STACKED.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,192
  • UNSTACKED.JPG
    UNSTACKED.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,194
  • 1803 4pic.JPG
    1803 4pic.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 2,200
  • 1781 2r 4pic.jpg
    1781 2r 4pic.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 2,250
  • 1774 1r 4 pic.jpg
    1774 1r 4 pic.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 2,229
  • US buckle 2 pic.jpg
    US buckle 2 pic.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,233
  • coin side 1+2.jpg
    coin side 1+2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,209
  • iron stuff.JPG
    iron stuff.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,167
  • oxen.JPG
    oxen.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,152
  • small buckle.JPG
    small buckle.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,134
  • things.JPG
    things.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,140
  • pocket watck.JPG
    pocket watck.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,145
Upvote 0

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bass99 said:
Incredible, the oldest coin I've witnesses being dug in Washington was 1856 seated dime. Congratulations on an awesome find. Hopefully theres allot more. Why did you wait 15 years to hunt there? Definitely BANNER :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:
i only started detecting a little over a year ago, and befor that i always thought to my self, why would anyone want to walk throught the mud to go check out ballest stones!! lol

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen US plates surface all up and down the west Coast,but cant say that for a Draped Bust!Thats quite a mix of time periods there too?
Banner!!

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
I have seen US plates surface all up and down the west Coast,but cant say that for a Draped Bust!Thats quite a mix of time periods there too?
Banner!!

im starting to realize that the Draped Bust coin is a more significant find than the others. wow!! im excited all over again!~

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW...i told don thhat his coin spill was the best I've seen but this is truly exceptional. That draped bust silver is worth acouple thousand conservatively! And that you found it in washington is mind blowing...a big congrats!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND....AND....AND.....indeed. On the east coast, it would be a banner find. On the west coast......need a new catagory to
put it in. Beautiful coins. And a great story. Take a shovel with you, or something that can effectively move sand. And, dig down by those pillars. And in front of the pillars. And to the sides of the pillars. Man, you have enough of a reason to be
hunting that place until you decide to hang detecting up.
I AM going to have a heart attack, for sure. That's two.....count 'em......TWO......great spills in two days.
Guys, be careful.....I can't stand much more of this. :thumbsup:
Will add....the holed coin is a Chinese coin. Can't make out the side that tells what king it is. Perhaps oneof the other people
with better eyes than I can do that. It was minted by the Treasure Mint.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats a hot place to hunt WTG. Banner I say :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
WOW...i told don thhat his coin spill was the best I've seen but this is truly exceptional. That draped bust silver is worth acouple thousand conservatively! And that you found it in washington is mind blowing...a big congrats!

what really!!! in the thousand $ range!!
maby i was looking at the wrong coin? but i thought $100

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We used to have a member that hunted shipwrecks off the Pacific Coast and he would find a mixed bag of silver coins from these shipwrecks. It appears they used to trade with the East with any type of silver available.

I cant remember the guys name but he was a spokeperson for Whites.

ADDED: I think his name was Ole Grubstakes.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dank said:
{Sentinel} said:

what really!!! in the thousand $ range!!
maby i was looking at the wrong coin? but i thought $100

Nope my error Dank...I thought it was a Draped Bust Dollar.... :-\ Half Dollars still worth about 400-500 in that condition. Still a great find! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great score on the old silver :notworthy: :notworthy: MR TUFF

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes, thanks for all the nice coments.
a mixed bag of silver would be nice!!
i cant wait to detect around the ballest stones, but my friend who brought me to that spot has first dibs to detect them.
a shovel is a must, and i had one with me when i found these up on the shoreline.
ill be back soon and hopefully have somemore tresure to show you all.
thanks again!

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Shiver me timbers :o :headbang:
a treasure find to equal any others I've seen!
My Banner vote is in :icon_thumleft:
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions