3rd gold ring of the year

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
I went out yesterday to do my rounds for the census, when i spotted a old house lot that had been cleared out. So i thought to myself now is a good time for a break, so i took out the mxt out of the trunk and started to scan. I got some of the usual junk old pop tops a few clad coins, and then i got a good vdi reading of 32 so i scanned the spot about 15 or 20 more times and the number never changed. Now after using this machine for the last 2 years i have come to realize that 95% of my pop tops always change numbers even when they hit the gold ring range but my rings never move from the original number it reads. I took a depth reading and it was only 2 inches down i dug into the ground and pulled out a nice 10k wedding band. that is number 3 for the year. After i got home my wife asked me if my rounds went ok, and i showed her the ring. She just shook her head and muttered something about being addicted. :headbang:

Attachments

• gold ring 001.jpg
    gold ring 001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 352
  • gold ring 002.jpg
    gold ring 002.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 344
  • gold ring 003.jpg
    gold ring 003.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the "muttering." :laughing7: I've been at it before I met and married my wife. She fusses, but has pretty much
come to accept it as who I am.....a treasure hunter. (And, besides that, when I find a nice gold ring that she likes, then she
gets it. I'm not above a bribe.....:) )
Or, buy her a detector and take her out on hunts with you. When she out-finds you, then her ideas about THing will change.
(Of course, you might have to have some pocket money handy to hire a baby sitter..... :laughing7:
Good hunting. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread