Bit o Cinco de Mayo silver

Obscurist

Jan 14, 2009
Asheville, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Bit o' Cinco de Mayo silver

Finally got on a spot I've been looking at for about a year... an old neighborhood park with very little traffic nowadays.

First signal was on the high end and close to the surface. I half expected a chunk of beer can and choked a bit when I caught a glimpse of the 1969 half in the hole... thought I had a walking lib for a sec.

Perhaps two feet away, next signal, and out pops the 48 Roosie... knew I had silver when I spotted that clean edge sticking out. Great feeling, almost thought I'd found rich virgin ground with these first two signals on top of each other like that... then things slowed for an hour or so until we pegged the 42 wheatie and within the space of about a foot the 44 Merc and 48 wheat.

It was several bottle caps later on the other side of the creek when we hit the 56d wheat and a few minutes later in the same area yet another 56d wheat.

Mixed in with all this good company we only pulled one memorial penny, recent nickel, one clad dime and one clad quarter... so the coins in there are good stuff. I will certainly try this spot again.

Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• headss.jpg
    headss.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 421
  • tailss.jpg
    tailss.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 415
  • headssi.jpg
    headssi.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bit o' Cinco de Mayo silver

nice silver finds!!!! MR TUFF

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bit o' Cinco de Mayo silver

Those silvers look good always a good thing to get a big silver :icon_thumleft: Good hunt Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread