War of 1812 US Artillery Belt plate!!

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I cant believe my luck ! I just got my new headphones this morning but the rain was coming down hard >:( FINALLY it let up for a bit so I headed to the orchard. Swinging along and digging trash......... I thought for sure that this signal was some more junk. Not very deep, so I was not very carefull. BAM !! Belt plate was in my hand and I was doing the happy dance!
I managed to hit it with my shovel but.......... oh well, I have a freekin' belt plate :headbang:

Here are some pics, only dry cleaned so far.

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_8493_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8493_1_1.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 4,294
  • IMG_8496_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8496_1_1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 4,333
  • IMG_8497_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8497_1_1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 4,271
  • IMG_8503_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8503_1_1.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 4,290
  • IMG_8501_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8501_1_1.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 4,251
Upvote 10

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are hot you're hot!!!! Man I haven't had a rool like that since 2002!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You said only dry cleaned so far..... Surely you don't plan anything else on the plate!

Maybe you'll finally get the banner for this. The token should have made it but unfortunately they not well known and get little respect here.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
DMN said:
Blasted plow had to nick it! What a beautiful plate. Looks likeit was nearly new
A Bammer!

Not a plow :-\ I hit it with my shovel :'(

VPR

So minor it really takes nothing away over the excitement of digging it!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOW! CONGRATS! she's a beauty! maybe you can squeeze that shovel split back into place gently.put a some cloth between a pair of plyers and slowly even it back out.would look a little better!
BANNER vote from me!

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
When you are hot you're hot!!!! Man I haven't had a rool like that since 2002!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You said only dry cleaned so far..... Surelly you don't plan anything else on the plate!

I meant that it has not seen water yet. The pic in red is the finished product. No more cleaning needed :headbang:

I need to get a 6" DD to pick throuh the trash. There is alot of more modern stuff on top.

VPR

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Iron Patch said:

You said only dry cleaned so far..... Surelly you don't plan anything else on the plate!

I meant that it has not seen water yet. The pic in red is the finished product. No more cleaning needed :headbang:

I need to get a 6" DD to pick throuh the trash. There is alot of more modern stuff on top.

VPR

Yet?.... are you saying you did run it under the water? I'm guessing you didn't, but if so you are very lucky!

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Iron Patch said:

VPR

Yet?.... are you saying you did run it under the water? I'm guessing you didn't, but if so you are very lucky!

It has seen tap water and a very light brush. No need for further cleaning. I think that I am happy with how this came out of the ground ;D

VPR

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Iron Patch said:
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Iron Patch said:

VPR

It has seen tap water and a very light brush. No need for further cleaning. I think that I am happy with how this came out of the ground ;D

VPR

There was some risk to that but it came out great! Now if I can just find mine tomorrow. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
The button in the group pic turnes out to be an oldie ! 1811 - 1827

There is an Indian Head Cent soaking too.

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_8505_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8505_1_1.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,818
  • IMG_8504_1_2.JPG
    IMG_8504_1_2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 3,802

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the nicest plate I have ever seen! Patch is right you should have made it on the banner last week, but this is a cant miss. Congrats buddy! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
mainer said:
That is the nicest plate I have ever seen! Patch is right you should have made it on the banner last week, but this is a cant miss. Congrats buddy! :icon_thumright:

Thanks !! The Banner sure would be neat :headbang: I cant get over the streak of good luck that I have been having lately.

VPR

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Awesome plate VPR, it sure looks pretty!!!!!! you got my Banner vote :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly are on a hot streak. The last couple finds have been great for you. Put them in your display case and drool over them this winter. I know I would. :icon_thumright:

F

Felinepeachy

Wooooo Hooooo that plate is beautiful!!!! Congratulations :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
SWEET plate, VPR! You are tearing it up, man!

Was this the same site as the Blacksmith copper and War of 1812 button?

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
KylePA said:
SWEET plate, VPR! You are tearing it up, man!

Was this the same site as the Blacksmith copper and War of 1812 button?

The belt plate came from the orchard that is on the same property as the Token field but a half mile apart. There is still so much I have not hunted.

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread