good day to detect!!! Making it safe for the kiddies and a land shark Incident!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Started out this morning at the Columbia river a frenchmans bar park, hit the kiddie play area first and found about 1.00 in clad and several large shards of glass sticking up out of the sand!!! I always pick them up and throw them away when I'm leaving.
the only one i kept was the one found at the bottom of the slide my coil hit it as i was pinpointing!!

The rest of the day was OK allot of clad, fishing sinkers, and some bikinis, until i was working my way toward the exit of the park and notice 2 guys that were watching me with too much interest!!!
as i was working my way toward them they started to look nervous and talking allot more when i was 15 to 20 feet from them one of the walked up the slope of the bank a ways then started to work his way behind me!!!

When i noticed him working behind me I told his Friend in front of me that he better tell his friend to stop or i would beat his ass with my detector ( I don't speak Spanish but with my hearing aid in i knew the one in front spoke a little English) And then take care of him with the rusty knife i found. I pulled it out while saying this!!!

Just a reminder I am 6' 4 inches and weigh 240 pounds

I turned around and started towards the idiot behind me while keeping an eye on the other one and started to raise the detector when the guy that was in front of me told the other one to stop!!!!!

They both statred to walk away. up the beach!!!!

After shaking a little I noticed a fisherman that i gave several sinkers to waving me over!!!

So i lit a cig and walked the 50 feet to him. He asked me what was happening so i told him what i noticed he said Yep I noticed the same thing. he asked me if i would have really would have used my detector as a club on the second gut, My answer was Hell yes.

That is when he reached into his back pack and pulled out his 45 and said I had your back.

Tommrow i am investing In a very large digging Knife that will be Visable and with me every time i go detecting!!!!

Oops forgot the pic of the trash and the Knife

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 711
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to post a pic of myself!!!!

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 713

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I usually pack a .45 with me for that very reason. I detect at odd hours, either very late, or very early, so I usually see "unusual" people. You must be getting some nice weather over on your side of the state.

Paul

Pull_tab_mike

Nov 20, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
former military and a corrections officer i always carry two types of weapons with me a s&w 9m and a hide away knife, then to top it off i don't carry ur average digging tool i carry a spade its big its heavy and it hurts like hell i also sharpen the sides and edge for when I'm in the woods and have thick brush and those pesky roots .................. call me crazy but when I'm out at odd hours, don't know who is out there looking for an easy target, thinking some dude with a MD is not going to give up a fight..............

happy hunting

PTM

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull_tab_mike said:
former military and a corrections officer i always carry two types of weapons with me a s&w 9m and a hide away knife, then to top it off i don't carry ur average digging tool i carry a spade its big its heavy and it hurts like hell i also sharpen the sides and edge for when I'm in the woods and have thick brush and those pesky roots .................. call me crazy but when I'm out at odd hours, don't know who is out there looking for an easy target, thinking some dude with a MD is not going to give up a fight..............

happy hunting

PTM

Glad I detect this side of the pond, the only bad looks I have had is off the odd granny thinking I'm ruining the grass :laughing9:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys that live in conceal carry states are lucky, all we can do here in Illinois is hit the bad guy over the head with our detectors !!! When will Illinois ever learn ?

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
i just carry a solid steel spade around 2.5 ft high so would make a good weapon..not that ive needed one yet :icon_scratch:

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010
sooo... question?

By 'Labdshark" what did you mean? These guys were looking to rob you of your gear and loot, maybe? Based on their tactics, sounds like you were right to be concerned. I'm brand new to this and I haven't carried anything yet - I actually hadn't given that even a thought (reading these forums can really teach you some things). I'm from NY and we can't carry firearms, but I do have access to snap open cop batons and chemical spray, both of which I think I am going to start bringing.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tenseventyfive said:
sooo... question?

By 'Labdshark" what did you mean? These guys were looking to rob you of your gear and loot, maybe? Based on their tactics, sounds like you were right to be concerned. I'm brand new to this and I haven't carried anything yet - I actually hadn't given that even a thought (reading these forums can really teach you some things). I'm from NY and we can't carry firearms, but I do have access to snap open cop batons and chemical spray, both of which I think I am going to start bringing.

You got it correct!! The ones who like to spoil your day by grabbing your detector and running off with it!!!

There are three parks here in Vancouver that I have never detected due to the fact i don't want to get attacked by a gang, drunk or a strung out druggie!

In 2.5 years this was the third attempt the first was a punk kid grabbing my detector and saying let me try, i said put it down or you will be trying out some broken bones, the second was a homeless guy crashing out of the trees i think that the beeping woke him up and he was just angry, a little trip landed him face first in the sand!!!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Chug you need me an JuJu to come hunt with you lol we can go hit the bad parks lol the sight of the 3 of us an the word would be out lol.

Seriously I'm glad everything turned out ok , it just really pisses me off a person cant go out an hunt an relax withou having to watch out for this kinda crap.

Be Safe & HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions