Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can dig em, just can't dig em looking sweet. :-\ I think the 1820 Commercial change is a first and should clean up ok so that is cool. Also another Portugal Reis, my 2nd this Spring. Our next hunt will probably not be for a couple of weeks and by then most fields will be planted, so just getting enough targets to have a chance at something good will soon be a challenge.

PS... God I love these awesome coppers! ;D

Attachments

• crusty1.jpg
    crusty1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 853
  • crusty2.jpg
    crusty2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 854
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

The farmer who gave us permission today knows a field where a cannon is suppose to be buried :thumbsup: Think that will make the banner when we dig it? ;D

It depends on if it is marked or not. If it is a plain cannon, it may not make it up top. ::)

If it's marked it might be finders keepers. ;D The other thing he told Ironhorse was when it was on it's carriage in the old days it used to be a feat of strength for someone to move it, so we may big talking a serious cannon and not a small ship cannon which is more the type I would expect from such a story.

Well, you probably don't have to worry about it since you don't dig the iron signals. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

The farmer who gave us permission today knows a field where a cannon is suppose to be buried :thumbsup: Think that will make the banner when we dig it? ;D

It depends on if it is marked or not. If it is a plain cannon, it may not make it up top. ::)

If it's marked it might be finders keepers. ;D The other thing he told Ironhorse was when it was on it's carriage in the old days it used to be a feat of strength for someone to move it, so we may big talking a serious cannon and not a small ship cannon which is more the type I would expect from such a story.

Well, you probably don't have to worry about it since you don't dig the iron signals. :tongue3:

Man you're starting to sound like the PA bros misquoting me, or taking my words out of context. < Best BB slam ever! :laughing9:

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love your post and pics .............. hope you do find that canon... if you ever need a hunt partner let me know

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

Man you're starting to sound like the PA bros misquoting me, or taking my words out of context. < Best BB slam ever! :laughing9:

I'm just upset that you might eclipse my scrap iron total in one single dig! :D

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Seeker said:
Great finds once again.....I notice that up your way you find plenty of half coppers......Not to common here in NY! WTG :icon_thumleft:

I have dug quite a few cut coppers but the recent ones are all broken coins. They were very thin so the plow probably snapped them in two. It's actually bent coins and buttons I've been finding a great number of in the last 6 months, more so then ever before.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

I hope so! Hope the sucker is huge and I get to post a video of the tractor hauling it out! :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

I hope so! Hope the sucker is huge and I get to post a video of the tractor hauling it out! :thumbsup:

That's a video I'd pay to see. :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

:icon_thumleft: :wink:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
The Seeker said:
Great finds once again.....I notice that up your way you find plenty of half coppers......Not to common here in NY! WTG :icon_thumleft:

I have dug quite a few cut coppers but the recent ones are all broken coins. They were very thin so the plow probably snapped them in two. It's actually bent coins and buttons I've been finding a great number of in the last 6 months, more so then ever before.

Yes, Jeff and I too. In the past two months, we've dug several KGCs that have been bent right in half :-\

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

That's a video I'd pay to see. :thumbsup:

If we find it I will guarantee that video! I am very confident if it's there we will, so time will tell! Unfortunately it will probably be a planted field so this might not happn until the Fall.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Iron Patch said:
The Seeker said:

Yes, Jeff and I too. In the past two months, we've dug several KGCs that have been bent right in half :-\

I have dug quite a few bent coins and buttons over the years but nothing like I have been lately. I'm thinking it might be that the last while my numbers are comparable to how they used to be back in the day, so it's a combination of finding more again, and more years for them to have been bent by the plow. That's the only logical reason so we'll see if it keeps up. (If I can keep up)

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great post & hunt IP! :thumbsup: But this one I learned from :D Thanks to Romeo's question! :thumbsup: I had been wondering what they were as I've found them at old sites now I know!Wondered if the small one is to a pistol? Also see I had a nipple in my "R" :laughing7: bucket to go with them. 8)

Attachments

• DSCN0977.JPG
    DSCN0977.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN0978.JPG
    DSCN0978.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 366

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Another great post & hunt IP! :thumbsup: But this one I learned from :D Thanks to Romeo's question! :thumbsup: I had been wondering what they were as I've found them at old sites now I know!Wondered if the small one is to a pistol? Also see I had a nipple in my "R" :laughing7: bucket to go with them. 8)

Don't know what the right hand one is, but the left two are furniture fittments.
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=23822&cat=all

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:

Don't know what the right hand one is, but the left two are furniture fittments.
Just when I thought I could know what I had :laughing9: Ok Thanks Cru! :thumbsup:
I was wondering why the rest of the gun would be iron and then they would use copper for that part! :thumbsup:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Iron Patch said:
{Sentinel} said:
Iron Patch said:
The Seeker said:

I have dug quite a few bent coins and buttons over the years but nothing like I have been lately. I'm thinking it might be that the last while my numbers are comparable to how they used to be back in the day, so it's a combination of finding more again, and more years for them to have been bent by the plow. That's the only logical reason so we'll see if it keeps up. (If I can keep up)

or maybe they were loading the cannon with coppers! your quantities are stunning. mathematically, the quality should be rearing it's ugly head any time now. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:

I think these came up in a post recently? I knew I seen it somewhere, but then it matched the gun so well I figured it had to be it. Any pics to show how it was used on furniture? Obviously they are close enough that there is going to be some mistakes for what is what.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dwayne sueno said:
Iron Patch said:
{Sentinel} said:
Iron Patch said:
The Seeker said:

or maybe they were loading the cannon with coppers! your quantities are stunning. mathematically, the quality should be rearing it's ugly head any time now. :thumbsup:

Yep, that's how I see it. All I can do is keep digging and eventually something good will come out!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
You never know, the cannon could be mounted on cartwheels :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
You never know, the cannon could be mounted on cartwheels :laughing9:

I think it's going to be full of cartwheels! Better chance of that than you digging just one! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions