🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got up early to drive 2 hours to do some CW hunting but the owner was not home and I did not want to hunt without him knowing I was there first. So I drive back to Knoxville and hunted a few parks with not much luck. Then on the way home for a quick bite to eat a guy wrecks his motorcycle right in front of me on the highway. He was tumbling like a rag doll and his bike was going end over end stopping right in front of my vehicle. I called 911 and got some help out there. He was pretty shooken up and appeared to have had a broken shoulder. Making it home finally I ate and then went to check on a couple more CW fields but they were in crops so I won't be hunting them for a few months. I decided to go back to the old football field that I have been finding a lot of coins in. Some friends of mine found a merc and a rosie last week there. When I arrived a club member Crevias SE was already there and we talked for a few minutes and then started to look for the deep targets. I installed a program for deep silver on my DFX and started hunting a lot slower than I have before in that field. I found the usual clad and then got a long target signal. Normally I don't dig these long targets as they usually are trash but this was a solid signal and the VDI was solid and did not jump around like a trash target. About 4" down I see a silver chain and it was buried deep in the hole. The necklace is 20" long and took a while to get out of the hole because I did not want to damage it. It is marked .925 ITALY and weighs 0.5 ounces. So after a long day of driving and not getting much accomplished I finally ended the day with some silver.

Attachments

• DSC01111.JPG
    DSC01111.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 698
  • DSC01107.JPG
    DSC01107.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 688
  • DSC01108.JPG
    DSC01108.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 687
  • DSC01109.JPG
    DSC01109.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 683
  • DSC01112.JPG
    DSC01112.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like the necklace. Congrats....

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the thing in the last picture on the left? I found something just like it. Thanks

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice silver necklace, congrats on the score goodjob.gif

Attachments

• goodjob.gif
    goodjob.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 396

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver!!!! MR TUFF

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just add a jump ring to the chain and it's fixed right up...put it around your neck! Nice finds. Niffler

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Thought you had the winner tonight at the club meeting, thats a great chain and killer find

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
i got one of those for 12.00 looked at k-mart and figured out tat they sell for 229.00!! if it is 20" it should weigh around 1.2 oz! great find!!!

steverjman

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2010
Eastern Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I can't believe it...I found that exact same necklace, same markings and everything a couple of weeks ago! What are the odds of that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions