18th century thingies

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Deeper invited me on a hunt in his neck of the woods yesterday, which was such an awesome site to hunt since it dated back so far. Took us alittle while to locate where the home had once stood, but that country girl instinct took over and it wasn't long before we had it under our coils. For me, 2 and one half .54 cal civil war mini balls/bullets... what ever you men call them. I thought they were called GRRRRR there for a little while since each time I dug up one Deeper said GRRRRR, :-\. One item looks like a brass lamp topper, one old UMC co. 12 guage shot gun cap. The shiny thing has some fancy design on it, but its been plowed so many times I can't make out what it used to be. The large object is made of brass, hollow, heavy but we have no idea what it is, I'll post that on the "what is it" forum and see if it looks familar to anyone. Here's a pic of the items that a magnet didn't stick to.. I'll spare you the bits and pieces of iron I pain stakingly dug, lol Oh yes and on the way back to the vehicle, I told Deeper I was gonna find another mini ball before I got there, instead I came across this 1910 penny. If it hadn't have been for Deepers help I might have left it behind as it was getting dark and cold. It was a terrific hunt, lots of fun.

Attachments

• hunt2-23-06.jpg
    hunt2-23-06.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on finding the site...and making it produce! Nice finds Charlene!

HH!
TBGO

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG, Charlene ;D

Keep it up gal & HH

:)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find's Charlene,Glad you got to hook up with a fellow TNer'......Congrat's and HH!!!....JUST ONE MORE FIND(alway's my last word's)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Char,

nice group of artifacts. Sounds like you had a fine time.
That's what it's about.

have a good un..................

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's some good huntin! I can identify with those finds!

Awesome that you had a partner! Congrats to you both!!!

;)

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrific finds charlene!! Love the CW bullets.Do you know anything of the CW history of that site? It is great to hunt with someone aint it? I recently hooked up with civilman1 and we've hunted a couple of places together.Good luck with the rest of that site.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat 18th century thingies, Char. ;) It's even neater that you have a partner to share with. :)

OP
OP
Charlene

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Thanks Root, every phineal needs a home, its been laying in that field long enough. I figure a little elbow grease and that phineal will rise to new heights again. ;)

And Jimmy, yeah I'm doing some research tonight on the area in the CW book of battles and skirmishes. We're hoping to hit it again tomorrow.

I relate Civilman1, just one more find and then I'm quitting... yeah right. It got down to "Ok Deeper, on 3 we're powering down, 1,2,2 and a half... wait wait wait, I just detected something, dig this one and we'll go" :P

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat going out with someone else and share the fun. Congrats on the finds. Burdie

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure the big brass thing is a scabord tip, the end of a holder for either a sword or bayonet.

-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread