OK i have an IDEA!!!! Marc needs our help. So....

bryan

Feb 7, 2006
Southern Illinois
OK here is my idea, This idea is for all of the people who dont have alot of cash and who want to help get us a new server. We are all MDers or THers, right..... So we all have lots of finds, (except me :( ) So why dont we all pic a find or acouple of finds that we have, and send them all to one location so that way they can be put onto ebay, all of these sales will go twards the purchace of the silver. I Have enough time to put all of these item on ebay. Say you send in a silver coin, Say it costs 1.00 to be put on ebay. The coin sells for 25.00 so 24.00 goes twards the server. We can keep track of all the sales on here. We can Put your name what you sent in, and what it sold for. WE CAN DO THIS..... I am willing to invest the time to do this, If you all are willing to help.
Marc keeps this site going for us so now its time we put in our 2 cents worth and help him out. He puts Hours into this site for you and me and becides we need a faster server....I need your imput on this let me know what you think. This is not a scam I dont want your finds, I just want to help Marc....

Upvote 0

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Brian...

It's a nice idea, but I think it'll be a little funky doing the accounting....

Let's pass on this one, but seriously.... THANKS for the idea!!!!!!

Marc

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc - have you considered setting up some kind of "dues" system for those people who would like to contribute on a regular basis to the upkeep of the website?

I'm not talking anything big at all - perhaps something like $1/month automatically from a PayPal account or something.

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Great idea Bryan, we use what we hunt for to pay for the Treasurenet site upgrade.Let's consider the manufacturor's of what we use to detect with help foot the bill! after all this is a breading ground for future detectorist all looking for the latest & greatest products. ( Maybe already done, don't know-I don't see any sway)

Smartin

Z

ZumbroKid

Bake sale could help raise the needed money! i got this good recipe i will share with the forum! it is a high energy bar for hunting!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D Well lets see ! We have 11655 members...If each one sends a buck we will have 11655 Dollars towards the new server and some ....Like a credit ....It's only a Buck ! What can you buy for a buck.....Think about it!!!! Seeker :)
The Old saying is "There is strength in numbers"

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Have you spoke to the companies that manufacture detectors marc? I would think it would be beneficial for them to keep our site going, as we turn many new people onto this hobby who buy they're products. Also are the banners on the top of the site on a pay-by-click rate or something? Im sure we could spend a few minutes a day clicking on links to raise some dough ;D

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
MARK.

I'm I the only one in this boat? I don't have any dealings with PAY PAL. Never have used it and for me likely never will. That seem's to be the only way you want to receive any help for a server?
What I'd like to see for those who dont care to use Pay Pal is an address one could send a check by snail mail. What say you Mark?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread