my largest knife find yet.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Hunted a primitive campsite along the river this morning and came up with a few young coins, spent cartridges, and this huge "butcher knife". It was under sand and rocks and I have no Idea what it's intended use was. These campsites are stop-offs for recreational rafters and late night keggers, but i"ll leave it to your imagination. The knee pad is 18 inches long.

Attachments

• big knife.jpg
    big knife.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 966
  • river rock.jpg
    river rock.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 754
Upvote 0

jc2

Sep 18, 2004
Philadelphia Pa
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE w/SunRay X1 Probe, Sovereign Elite w/SunRay S1 Probe, Garrett Infinium LS and the Tesoro Cortes'
I'm assuming it was left behind by one of the campers named Jason . . . :o . . . what do those mushrooms register on your detector?

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a modified shovel on your tailgate? I tried to do that with a stainless shovel but really couldn't cut the steel. Would like to see yours...Rich.

OP
OP
silverswede

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Richm
My shovel is called a "clamming shovel" and is manufactured in Japan. I don't where they would be available as it was a yard sale find.
S.S

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
thats a meat cutting or "butchers" type knife used to cut up big game and big hunks of meat normally * but it can be used as any knife can for many uses.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from Idaho/Eastern Oregon.... Man, I wish we would have found some Morel's, but it was a tad early where I go... Found a good number of Calf Brains though...
Hadnt done that for almost 9 yrs, my son who is almost 18 now had a blast.... Good ol'e Blue Mountains...

Nice finds, and I hope you found a lot more than two morels... I could eat about two dozen just by myself... Mmmmmmmm....
Eggs, cracker crumbs, and BUTTER.... Better than any seafod!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread