🥇 BANNER U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

What's up TNet. Jeff (UmrGolf2000) and I got out to do our daily digging yesterday and today and we secured permission at a new site which ended up being a AWESOME untouched Civil War Campsite!!! :headbang: :headbang: We dug some really amazing stuff and unbelievable quantities.....we're still pretty light-headed from the whole experience and this goes down as one of our best hunts this year! We hope y'all enjoy them!! Well enough talking....onto the photos! We have a few videos too :thumbsup:

The button in the video ended up being the Massachusetts button :wink:

Some of the buttons as they come out of the dirt

Virginia Cuff Button (W.H.M. Smith New York)
MD Pics 247.jpg

War of 1812 Navy Eagle Button
IMG_0018.JPG

Large Eagle Artillery Coat Button
22043_12_01_11_10_18_29_1.jpeg

22043_12_01_11_10_18_28_0.jpeg

Massachusetts Button
IMG_0013.JPG

1820's Eagle Artillery Button (1-piece SCOVILLS)
IMG_0016.JPG

National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers Cuff Button
IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Group Button shot (8 GS buttons, Eagle A, Eagle I, VA, MA, 1812 Navy, 1812 Artillery Corps, 1820's Artillery, silver flat button, unknown button)
IMG_0022.JPG

Eagle Pistol Percussion Cap Lid (heavily silver plated) & US box plate
IMG_0029.JPG

1746 Pillar Style One Reale (mexico city, mexico)
IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

1862 Indian Head Penny
IMG_0036.JPG

Group Photo
IMG_0040.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

Ornate suspender buckles, knee buckle, kepi buckle
IMG_0025.JPG

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMP

holy cow! that button assortment is banner material. amazing day.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Re: U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

wow those are fantastic finds! I would probably spend the rest of the season on that site!!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow! :notworthy:

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds

That is some AWESOME digging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba65

U

umrgolf

What an amazing experience Josh.. Probably a once in a lifetime thing to dig that many military relics along with a couple nice coins.. 2010 has been one we'll remember for quite sometime :occasion14:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Definitely one of the best collection of button finds I've seen posted on T-Net in my 2 yrs. here. Would like to see the back of the unknown relic. Actually looks like it could be a rosette. I think I have actually seen the cuff button depicted somewhere. Interesting. Congratulations. "THE Hogge" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sentinal that was one of the most well put together post of a civil War relics hunt I have ever seen here on T-NET !! The finds alone are mind boggling and BANNER worthy! To find an unhunted civil war camp site on an intown lot ! PRICELESS !!!!!! The Pic of the ornate sash buckles and keepies is my favorite !! If I could vote twice for BANNER I would !! My vote is in !! MaineRelic

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow. That is one incredible group of finds you have there! :hello2:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

WOW! That is just too awesome for words! congrats on the great hunt and I can't wait to see what else comes out of there.

L

lovedigging

Josh, What an amazing day you had down there, Many congratulations and don't forget your buddy next time :laughing7: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

U

umrgolf

Thank you all for the kind words and banner votes.. Josh is working on some math stuff for college at the moment but will be around later to reply.. Hogge, the unknown relic turns out to be a percussion cap lid :thumbsup:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Excellent!!! Looks like a very early camp to me Gentlemen. WTG, Quindy.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AWESOME hunt!!!!! nice relics :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Incredible assortment of buttons WTG :icon_thumleft: great silver find also that sure is a oldie Good hunt :thumbsup: Dd60

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.

:o :o :o Fantastic................. :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Beautiful civil war finds man

HH Jer

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

Ok you guys. you've dug enough for one year. Leave something for the rest of us. :laughing7: All I can say is you all are on a roll and got into a great spot. On your 2 piece button, the Superior Quality mark on that one looks to be mid 1900's. During the centennial there were buttons and ribbons with a US & CS soldier shaking hands. I'm not 100% sure that's what the button is but I'm guessing it might be since the backmark seems to be of that time period. Can you make out what the writing on the front is?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread