My First GOLD RING Of The Year!

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
I had a few hours to kill today so I decided to return to a spot I had detected a few weeks ago. I knew location had a high potential for jewelry, but last time I came up empty handed. Today, I scored! I recently bought a water machine, a Fisher CZ-20, I have been waiting for the water to warm up so I can put it to work. Decided I couldn't wait anymore and used it today at this site. I didn't take it out in the water, however it worked well since there is a large recreation area there with lots of sand. I started off find a few quarters and a couple pull tabs. After about 20 minutes I got a sweet tone that was deep. After digging down OVER 12 inches in the sand out popped my first gold ring this year! :headbang: The ring was tarnished but I could tell almost immediately it was gold. Once I looked inside I could see it was marked 10k and is inscribed "FOREVER". Wish you all could have see the smile on my face, man was I stoked! Keep in mind, I had just bought the CZ-20 and found gold my FIRST time out with it! It's going to be a great year :laughing7:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 665
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 667
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 662
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 666
Upvote 0

bigealive

May 20, 2008
Good Thunder, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 - Pro Pointer
Forever huh???? Weird name. Never heard of such a person!!!! HAHAHA My wedding band has my name inscribed inside it.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all gold is good gold :icon_thumleft: wtg

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. The CZ 20 is a great water machine. I use to have one & found many rings with it when I went water hunting. Just didnt get to go out that much, as I'm more of a dirt digger.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats to ya and may there be many many more to come too.

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Oh no it wont be long before you have a big ole pile of gold just like the one in that book you showed me!!!

I hope so,, great first time out find with the new c-z -20 ,,, many more to come !!!

arthur

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess FOREVER means until you loose it in the water! LOL Congratulations on your 1st gold for the year! Nice find, Breezie

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work and welcome to the Club brother! I once eyballed a 10k and it had "TO THE MOON" in it, LOL. Kinda funny now that I think back on it. Anyway congrats and youll see many more!

Crackbadger

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Justin. Glad to see your new machine is working out for you. Good luck at the grove. HH

OP
OP
Digger62918

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
artzstuff1 said:
Oh no it wont be long before you have a big ole pile of gold just like the one in that book you showed me!!!

I hope so,, great first time out find with the new c-z -20 ,,, many more to come !!!

arthur
CRACKBADGER said:
Great work and welcome to the Club brother! I once eyballed a 10k and it had "TO THE MOON" in it, LOL. Kinda funny now that I think back on it. Anyway congrats and youll see many more!

Crackbadger
camb1 said:
WTG Justin. Glad to see your new machine is working out for you. Good luck at the grove. HH
Thanks everyone. I too hope it is the first of many gold finds this year! Can't wait to get back out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions