A true MAINE relic ! Ahhh ? Made in NEW JERSEY !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny: I recieved permission from a neighbor down the street from me to detect on his apartment lawn . It was a fair sized lawn maybe 1/2 an acre . Hit it for three hours this morning and made a few decent finds !! The Whitehead & Hoag CO. MAINE key chain / watch fob really made my morning ! I even did a little happy dance ! Whitehead & Hoag of Newwark NJ. made Items of this type from 1880 to 1955. Some of the medals, tokens, fobs ect..that they made are quite collectible. I suspect this was made in the mid 40s to the mid 50s scince this was the age of the wheaties and JEFF nickels and the silver Rosie that were found in close proximity. It has the State tree on top and the State seal on the lower left and it is in fine shape !! I am stoked about this FIND :headbang: :headbang: Away from this near a big old maple tree in the middle of the lawn. I hit a 2 coin spill . An beaten up V nickel and the 1900 barber dime . on the edge of the lawn near the woods I got a very crusty 1864 Indianhead thanks for looking MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Looks like a untouched spot. I'd go back if possible a few more times.

HH Jer

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on the keepers !! And that's a nice looking key chain, yeah I find a lot of items that were made in Newark.

TommNJ

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Mainerelic! Keep hittin that place. :icon_thumright:

U

umrgolf

Nice work MR... gotta love ya some silver :laughing7: May your next be seated :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions