Rev War Kind of Day

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year was not looking very promising for me in the detecting department. I leave for Afghanistan in a little over a week, and don't return until Christmas. I have been busy gearing up for that and all that comes with it, but managed to get out last week for just my second hunt of the season, the first being a nothing hunt really.

I headed for a site that has turned up some excellent finds, and it did not disappoint this time around either.

10 or so British buttons from various regiments including the 2st, 29th, and 84th. This would normally be enough to be considered a fantastic hunt by anyone's standards...but I was not done there.

Also turned up a beautiful brass heart likely associated with the 21st Regiment.

The 2 finds of the day however were this 84th regiment pewter badge. Some of the experts out there believe it could be a cockade button or badge of sorts, but do agree it is the only of it's kind known to exist. A find of a lifetime.

IS it possible to make 2 finds of a lifetime in a day? Sure is...

I dug up both halves of this beautiful Kings 8th Regiment neck stock clasp about 10 feet and 4 hours apart. Ironically I found the first half at the beginning of the hunt and was disappointed there were no markings on it...and I muttered to myself I would like to find the other half and have it engraved with a regimental number or name. Again, this is the only known example in existence. Talk about a rare day with some rare finds!!

I also dug several George III coppers and misc junk.

Sorry for so many photos.

Attachments

• DSC07577.jpg
    DSC07577.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 3,436
  • DSC07580.jpg
    DSC07580.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 3,407
  • DSC07581.jpg
    DSC07581.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 3,388
  • DSC07587.jpg
    DSC07587.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 3,366
  • DSC07586.jpg
    DSC07586.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3,354
  • DSC07589.jpg
    DSC07589.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3,357
  • DSC07588.jpg
    DSC07588.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 3,324
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ColonialDude

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Wow your finds over the last couple of years are not short of simply amazing...Congrats on another find of a lifetime... May you dig many more....hope post something like that at some point

take care

Thanks. I expect I will have some slow years coming like we all do in this hobby, but it's years like this one and the last that make this hobby so exciting.

Good luck in the fields this year!

I will check into the forums as often as I can and live through you guys.

Ron P

Apr 14, 2009
Cary, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Fantastic finds, Stay safe Brother. My third deployment would have been Afganistan this past January, except that I broke my leg on a night tactical parachute jump last fall. So I ended up retiring a couple of months ago.
Best Regards, Ron

Sgtrock

Sep 5, 2008
Tacoma Washington
Just AMAZING :hello2:

Banner Banner Banner

Please be safe over there...if its your first time get with a vet... and remember U can never pack enuff 5.56mm and Grenades are your friend.

This item should make for some interesting research when U get back.

Please PM me with your address so I can send a CARE package or two to you and the other Heroes.

Gods Speed to you.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
Wow! You must have some 'friendly ground' up there for these great items to look as they do!

Take care of yourself and come home safely. Thanks for sharing these excellent artifacts.

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
ColonialDude said:
Thanks very much everyone. I only wish all hunts could be like this....then again, I guess hunts like this being so rare is what makes the hobby so great.

Ohhh....and thanks for the thoughts and prayers...I am in Canada however.
Same side, same cause. Thanks for your service. Will say a prayer for your safe return.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions