Worn out Fugio Cent, Early Naval button, tombacs, and a knee buckle?

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today for a colonial hunt with Foundation Hunter (Gary). I headed down to his neck of the woods today. As we headed to one of his early colonial sites, I notice a spot that looked very VERY good for a cellar hole. I had him stop. I dashed up the bank and sure enough a colonial cellar hole. He had been through this area SEVERAL times and looked it over. Anyhow, we decided to head to the original spot we decided on and then come back to the one I found later. SO we finnaly get to the site were several early coppers and buttons have been dug, I thought for sure he had this place cleaned out but I managed to find an early navy button..(any help would be appreciated) and a large flat button. After a few hours here we decided to go hit the cellar I found while in the car. So we get there, and in no time at all Gary has a descent Coronet...this place has major potential. After finding 2 nice tombacs, I finnaly get the signal all colonial hunters thrive for. Out pops a Fugio Cent, It's in very rough shape and hardly identifiable, but I know 100% it is a fugio. While in the field, the coin was very recognizable......but after all the crust just flaked away and I gently cleaned it......toast! Hey, copper is copper. And then before we are about to leave I get a very nice signal on the DFX at about 5 inches, and out pops this buckle...I think it is a knee buckle (again, any help is appreciated)....Thanks for lookin.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 475
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 469
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Sniffy! A Fugio is on my want list aswell. Cant help on the naval button, but it looks similar to the one Iron Patch dug a few weeks ago. Good luck getting an ID. :icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rev War era British Navy Captain/Commander button! :thumbsup: Would have been gilted originally.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet finds Jess! cool! :thumbsup: a beautiful hunt!

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Very nice buttons :icon_thumleft: Im sure that is a knee buckle because the inners would have gone the long way... Very cool design too :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread