Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, i found this strange old wrecked thing today. Doesn,t have wheels or wings but looks man-made. Sitting on the creek bed in the bottom of a gully. Its easy to see this must have crashed from the sky. Then i remembered about the space station "SkyLab" crashing into Australia over 25 years ago. This would have to be part of the main control room. Hoping for my first banner find of the year. What a beauty :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• 100_0046.jpg
    100_0046.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 5,129
Upvote 0

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
HMMMMMM I will nominate you for banner if you can get it to fly again,grin. :dontknow:Hardrock

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Ah, tinpan, I am not sure that is part of skylab . . . . that looks kind of extraterrestrial to me . . . . Looks like after the aliens crashed, they made it out though, all the doors are open . . .

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to know one thing. Where you going to find a display case big enough for that thing? :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL He must have hit that Giant Kangaroo over there :D

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinpan , If that car is not a haven for snakes and spiders , you might give it a good going
over - for a silver coin hiding in a crevice . I've heard stories of folks making just such finds.
Argentium.

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
I would be stripping it on down to sell on @@@@bay. Never know who would be looking for a part of these old cars. :icon_study:

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
I hink I remember you finding a nice nugget under a shovel or axe head. I bet that thing is hiding a whopper.

Good luck moving it so you can swing your coil.

Easily a banner find.

-FH

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-trac ,Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Banner all The way !! Lol
what Detector were you using...Cause I want one!

adventureswithjim

Mar 12, 2010
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tinny, I'm sorry to inform you, that while YES, this was once part of "sky lab", it's is sadly...

THE SPACE OUTHOUSE.

While SOME of our astronauts did the diaper thing, most preferred to "hit the head" occasionally. So DO wear gloves on further exploration of this marvel of bathroom technology, you never know what bugs from outer space spawned in the astronaut "left overs" there.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was elk hunting in Colorado several years ago and found an old Model T pickup on the side of a mountain. There were no roads or any sign of egress for miles and I'll never know how it got there. It still had rotted rubbe on the tires and looked like someone just got out and left it parked there! Monty

Jaygee Western MA

May 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
XTERRA 50
think the Enterprise dispatched, this alien invader in one episode, blew it out of orbit and sent it gently crashing to earth, be wary of green creatures w/ large eyes who may have survived

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread