Two kinds of Silver

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Today was my first day out since my car accident. I'm still in physical therapy, but doing well. My therapist told me to have a normal weekend and to take the detector for a walk. I didn't want to do anything heavy yet, so I just went to the local school. I swear, the first beep I heard, I had an out of body experience. Detecting today was almost spiritual. It felt so right and good. Quickly I got a great signal, bent over and picked up a quarter out of the grass. Then 2 more and 2 dimes, then 3 pennies. A good pocket spill. I found several coins in the chips then got a different kind of signal. Crisp, clear and ding-ding. I picked up a handful of chips and scanned it across my coil. It's in my hand. I pull out a pendent of Jesus, complete with the ring at the top for the chain to go thru. I think it's Catholic, it's a beautiful piece and marked .925 on the back. I came home after a while and emptied my pouch. Just looking at my finds, I did a double take. One of those quarters from the pocket spill was a 1961-D Washington. It's silver!!! A great topper to a good day.

I really missed diggin, so glad to be back.

DM

Attachments

• 5_16_10.jpg
    5_16_10.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow !

Finding a silver quarter in a modern spill is very lucky!! :o :icon_thumleft:

Sorry about your accident, get well soon. :-\ Happy your out hunting again ! :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
congrats on the 2 silver day . they are hard to come by I know . nice religious medal and nice wash . I know what it is like to be on the mend also . my aorta blew up on 11-5-09 . 12 days in iintensive care and lost 5 of those I still do not know what happen . Should have died , so they tell me. but swinging that detector is what its all about for me now . hh nice finds rob :coffee2:

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
underdogger said:
congrats on the 2 silver day . they are hard to come by I know . nice religious medal and nice wash . I know what it is like to be on the mend also . my aorta blew up on 11-5-09 . 12 days in iintensive care and lost 5 of those I still do not know what happen . Should have died , so they tell me. but swinging that detector is what its all about for me now . hh nice finds rob :coffee2:

I like your forum handle, Rob. Thanks for the comment.

DM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread